Windsor, CO

Posted April 04, 2014
I can't say enough good things about Severance Middle School! It's never an easy transition for kids to go into Middle School, but somehow the staff at SMS makes the transition effortless and enjoyable for the kids. The staff and principal are outstanding and have found the perfect balance of strong academics, strong athletics, and a safe, fun environment in which kids can thrive. The school itself is beautiful, but it's true what they say, beauty does come from the inside and this school's staff is no exception! My kids have been extremely happy and proud to be a Severance Hawk! Thank you!

Posted September 15, 2012
Love the Administration in this school. When I wanted an evaluation to be done on my son to see if he fit on the Autism Spectrum. It was followed through and within 6 weeks, he was tested and getting services by the school in speech therapy for social skills. Teachers e-mail parents back ASAP about student concerns and grades are often up to date on the website. It is a great school coming in from out of state. Love it.

Posted February 07, 2011
We are so very happy with this school. The principal, Mr. Tapia, is amazing. He is so welcoming and fair and makes all of the kids feel valued. It is a beautiful facility and offers a wide range of classes. My son loves athletics and was able to play on the varsity travel basketball team as a 6th grader. That is something that wasn't offered at other schools we considered attending. He also plays in the orchestra and is challenged by his advanced level classes. The gifted and talented program is a little weak, but in these hard financial times, I think that is common. I want my children to be in a public school, and this is one of the best.

Severance Middle School
1801 Avery Plaza St, Windsor, CO  80550
Last modified Severance Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Severance Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top