Posted September 10, 2014
This school is excellent. I have two children there and have relatives who have also sent there children there. My children are learning things that I never had even heard of at their grade level. The teachers and staff are very caring. They take the time before, during and after school to help the kids out if need be. The principal has been there for many years and is very well respected among the community. Many of the staff members can be found in church on weekends and also have their children in the school. The school always seems to be upgrading the technology and facilities, so there is no issue with the kids falling behind their public school counterparts. There are also numerous after school clubs, activities and athletic teams, so the students are always together. It's really like a family. The only negative I can note is that it always seems as though the same parents volunteer for activities and fundraiser, although I suppose that that's the same everywhere.

Assumption School 2

Posted August 02, 2010
As a parent myself who has attended private school from K -10th grade I personally do not feel the school adequately prepares our children. I believe their resources are extremely outdated. My son who has attended the school for two years has regressed. The academic program at Assumption is not challenging the students as they are only working to the state standards which are low. For the money paid, you might as well send your child to a public school.

Assumption School 3

Posted July 05, 2010
From a parent whose child spent five years at Assumption. Please check out the public school before diving into private. You just might be surprised.

Posted July 17, 2009
I highly recommend Assumption School. I had two children graduate. The education they received from Assumption School really stands out in a public High School. Just the difference in attitude and study skills they learned from attending Assumption School will help them succeed wherever they go.

Assumption School 4

Posted March 17, 2009

Assumption School 3

Posted September 25, 2008
The school, teachers, students, and principal are amazing. However, i wish there were more student activities/sports and more academic opportunities.

Assumption School 4

Posted July 05, 2008
Assumption is probably one of the best schools in Connecticut. The whole atmosphere there is like a big family. The teachers will do everything in their power to see everyone succeed and the principal is kind and helping to everyone. The quality of the teachers is probably one of the highest in the state, they are masters at what they teach. There are also small grade sizes (one class for each grade) so new kids will do just fine. In the end, you won't regret sending your kid to Assumption.

Posted February 19, 2007
Assumption is the best school in Ansonia, possibly CT. I should know, i went there for 10 years and i am in 8th grade now, graduating in June 07' . I was here since preschool. I am also the Student council secretary, therefore i'm responsible for events, and also involved actively in other things. If anyone, regardless of age has any questions for me, feel free to contact me Thanks, I hope you enroll your child here!

Assumption School 1