Bad
Good
1 OVERALL RATING

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

From my experience, there are those teachers which my child has had that do try to work with their children. You can see their drive, motivation, eagerness, skill. I can speak of a few my daughter has had that have went above and beyond. I can honestly say if lack of funding is an issue it does affect a child's learning because the teacher has only so much to offer. For ex: The Principal stressed to me that because of lack of funding their is no math interventions for children struggling in math, Reading interventions are at the teacher's discretionary but like I said they will pass your child if he or she meets grade level. This to me is ridiculous. tutoring is offered by some teachers but not all. In all I see a discrepancy in teachers, you may get more of a miss then a hit with teachers involvement and efficacy in teaching.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My child receives, one page of math, and everything else is online through google classroom, reading online apps, and other online curriculum supports. However, it is an additional. Homework is very small compared to when I went to school. No notes come home with your children either in complex math to help parents aid in helping at home from what I've seen and heard from other parents I know.

Develops character: Disagree

From my experience the counselors, teachers and staff have not been honest in certain circumstances and will cover themselves up. The integrity of the school in my opinion is poor while they have a no bullying policy in the school system, overall in terms of giving a rich education to students I feel they score below to support children that need a better support and metric system. The principal Ms./Mrs. Nimmons stressed its because of lack of funding, but is this a great answer to your child's education? I think not? Fairness , again I stress that education is not supported for those who need added support in math, reading, or writing, They also mentioned that grammar is not essentially an important factor to correct, this also stressed by the principal...Really!!! This is so Disappointing!

I am a parent of a student who has attended mead school in Ansonia for a few years. First off, the school lacks staff that have any customer service. Front desk administration, the new ones are not friendly at all. They hide behind their computers to ignore you and seem clueless to what's happening. The school staffing is all new such as new teachers, psychologists, social workers, principals, assistant principals, guidance counselors most of them unsure of their job tasks from what I've been experiencing . When you schedule important meetings such as 504 plans and such, they don't take you in till 20 minutes later! Its been an issue for a while. The interim principle stated that due to funding, they do not have any interventions for math for kids 4th grade and above, so if your kid needs support this is not the school for your child! Reading intervention is only given if there is a problem, however, if your child is as at grade level, or barely passing they'll just pass them along? Basically, if your child needs supports and services this school gets a negative down! They refuse to offer supports to those children falling behind, its awful. Please put your child in a better school, unfortunately, if you lack resources/ finance my best bet is to get your child in Prendergast, they seem more involved with the children...I can acknowledge this from my nieces curriculum go figure? The teachers seem more involved, there are more activities for children , and just the whole school seems more promising, but then again, things can seem promising from the outside. Ansonia uses a lottery system of placement, half children go to mead and the other go to Prendergast. In my opinion anything else is better than mead school.

Last modified Mead School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.