PK, 7-8
Ansonia, CT

Posted April 29, 2015
This school is terrible! These teachers cannot control their classroom at all. They constantly hand out detentions to my son who has A.D.D. for inability to focus, inattentiveness and disruptive behavior. All the issues that are listed on his 504 plan that were supposed to be taken into consideration when dealing with my son. I have asked for their cooperation several times with helping my son remember to write down his homework and other important info but to no avail. He is forgetful and that is also in his 504 and he still gets penalized!!! Im ready to rip my hair out! I cant stand this school. I would rather homeschool my son thn go through another year of this. It has been a nightmare! These teachers do not have it together!

Ansonia Middle School 3

Posted March 22, 2015
Hope something is being done to motivate borderline students more. Discouraging scores. Often it takes just one intuitive and caring teacher to get a child back on track. This can make a tremendous difference in a students attitude and academic performance.

Ansonia Middle School 5

Posted March 08, 2015
Ansonia Middle School is making big improvements! The new administration along with enthusiastic parents has dynamic ideas to help improve instruction, increase parent engagement and improve student success. They had a great rally at the begining of the school year, dance, holliday program, and teachers invited parents, community and students in to different programs. They also have a fantastic play every year.
2 people found this helpful

Ansonia Middle School 5

Posted January 31, 2015
We are implementing new academic courses, working to improve instruction, preparing students to be college ready and exposing them to the college experience, we are developing more activities for parent, student and community engagement, ensuring that all students valued and achieve to their highest ability.

Posted June 22, 2009
I feel this school needs a lot of improvement. The teachers do not communicate with the parents from my experience.

Posted May 20, 2009
Entire Middle School should be re-evaluated. High turnover in teachers. Education is not on the cutting edge, very 'old school' way of thinking. Students are not motivated to excel. Very poor.

Ansonia Middle School 4

Posted March 03, 2009
Ansonia Middle School is great, my son just start this year. The teacher are very polite. The School is very organize and clean. The principal is wonderful person. Those kids are very nice also. I just like that I move to Ansonia.

Posted February 04, 2008
There is no music program. Children are unruly. When the bell rings for class to start, children are out in the hallways for 5-10 minutes afterwards. I'm an alumni and when I went back there I was very dissapointed because it has changed much since I've been there.

Posted December 03, 2007
this school is great it just we need more dressdown days

115 Howard Ave, Ansonia, CT  06401
Last modified Ansonia Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ansonia Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top