Beacon Falls, CT

Woodland Regional High School 4

Posted January 29, 2013
So far, I am very pleased with the school, in particular, my child's teacher and classroom staff, and the principal. Child is in 3rd grade currently; I am unfamiliar with high school staff.

Posted November 23, 2010
The students @ WRHS are offered a vast array of courses....the students and staff pride themselves on offering some deeper technical classes than some other schoos; it is VERY CLEAN, and the community service requirement helps the student and the community. Most importantly, staff really and truly care about the well-being of the students...both in and outside of WRHS.

Posted July 06, 2010
Not enough discipline or leadership. Some of the teachers are wonderful; others less so. Students aren't being prepared well for college.

Posted August 27, 2008
as a student at woodland, i think the school is a very good school that develops great futures for all who attend it. woodland is perfect in size for all of its students; and offers many extracurricular activities.

Posted May 29, 2008
I graduated from WRHS in '05, and I have to say I am very displeased with the way the school has developed (or not) since then. My sister is a junior currently. Woodland has lost many of it's best teachers over the past few years. The school mainly serves to train new teachers, and then allow them to find better paying jobs in other schools. Region 16 does not pay competitively. The budget rarely ever passes without major cuts being made. I served on the Board of Education during my senior year in Woodland, so I know how hard people try to make budgets work without making major cuts, but when a region cannot even afford to pay it's teachers enough to keep them there, it's a huge problem. WRHS had potential, but the lack of funding is going to severely impact the students as they lose quality teachers and resources.

Posted December 14, 2007
My son attended Woodland as an exchange student and I cannot speak highly enough about it. Thank you to the administration team, teachers and other staff and the students for making his year at Woodland such a phenomenal success

Woodland Regional High School 4

Posted November 05, 2007
I attend Woodland, and quite frankly, I love it. Althought there are tough times where you strain with your teachers and work, but it is a great school. I wouldn't want to attend anyother high school for my high school education.

Posted September 12, 2007
So excited to have my child attending Woodland. We are coming from Ansonia High and what a difference. I'm excited for her this school year. Everyone is friendly, could possibly be a little more strict with dress code.

Posted June 13, 2007
Excellent school, the teachers take a personal interest in the students. I love the 'senior projects' that require volunteer work and foster civic pride. Michele L.

Posted June 12, 2007
I do not like this school at all. it seems that the students are not disciplined enough. the teachers all try to act more like friends than teachers and that way the students don't take them seriously and don't want to do any work thinking that the teacher is their friend and doesn't think that the teacher will fail them. also I believe that the school is too small. the halls are flooded with students, and it is hard to walk around from class to class.

135 Back Rimmon Rd, Beacon Falls, CT  06403
Last modified Woodland Regional High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodland Regional High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top