PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

My son has some learning difficulties and the preschool did not take even a bit effort to help him grow

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

We dont ahve a pleasant experience with the preschool director

My son went to this school for PreK 3 year old. We did not like the school. Diane Oppel who is the preschool director is not friendly with the parents and always gives complaints on the kids. 3 year old kids are tend to have some behavioral issues and they cannot expect everything to be so perfect with every kid. They need to know how to manage a kids behavior when they charge so much money. Principal Ms. Molloy is a very good principal. But we did not like Ms.Diane Oppels behavior, she is very unpleasant. She does not have enough experience to be a director.

We have had our 3 boys in the school for 4 years now and have been very happy. The school provides a very strong curriculum as well as many wonderful extracurricular activities. The teachers are caring, well educated individuals who are there for our children. I would highly recommend the school for anyone who is looking for a strong, catholic education for their child.

There is no utopia. However when you are paying tuition it is a parents job to do their homework before deciding on a school. There are reviews regarding St Paul school that are over the top positive and a few that are very negative. Before deciding a parent should ask a lot of questions regarding the academics, school rankings, test scores, turnover with staff, how many families have enrolled this year, how many have left the school, school policies, and what is the policy when children are bullied? Indeed the school tour and discussion with the principal and teachers are important. However if you really want to know about the school, ask existing families. Investigate not only the names of families the school provides, go to the school and solicit feedback from other parents who will be candid and honest where the feedback is not scripted. There will be both positive and negative aspects about any school, it is imperative to be diligent about discovering the facts. There are many layers of a school including academics, social, extra curricular and educating the whole child to include faith. Its a parents responsibility to do their homework in all areas and see what's a fit!

My children attend Saint Paul School and I would highly recommend it to other parents. We have found the teachers and staff to be very engaged with both the parents and the students. The teachers take a strong interest in their students and work hard to help them succeed. In addition, the teachers also help to instill and reinforce Christian values. Our Catholic faith is integral to all that goes on at the school, from religion classes, to monthly school Masses, to service to others, to our Virtue of the Month program. Outside the classroom there are many opportunities for students to get involved through sports, the newspaper club, the dinosaur club, iCare, and other extra-curricular activities. Schools often advertise that they educate the whole child. In the case of Saint Paul School, I know this to be true.

Our daughter has attended St. Paul kindergarten thru grade 8. The atmosphere, curriculum, principal, teachers & staff have been instrumental in shaping her into a compassionate, intelligent young lady with strong morales. Her education has been superb & has included activities such as Science Fair, Daughters of the American Revolution Essay Contest, Mock Trial & Travel Fair. The learning tools used are excellent & have prepared her to be global minded & technology based-critical for higher education & career. She has learned study techniques including a time management planner, automated/paper flashcards, on-line self quiz tools & more. She has learned how to do involved projects & research papers. Academically she has been groomed for success! St. Paul has also taught her to be spiritual & to do community service. The children learn about a different virtue each month - in today's world something very critical. Parents are supportive & communicate when necessary via email & phone. I am so greatful to the entire TEAM at school & church that have helped to mold our daughter into the young person she is today - an independent thinker who excels academically & socially!

My children have all attended St. Paul School in Kensington. We first started at St. Paul's some 16 years ago. The last of my three daughters is graduating this year and it will truly be a happy yet sad day. We have seen lots of very good positive things happen over the years. To this day, I receive compliments from teachers where my children attend high school, college and work on how well rounded, smart and polite they are. We (and I mean my husband and I along with the staff at St. Paul's) have raised good Christian young ladies. They have all excelled in their academic and personal lives and I MUST attribute a large percentage of their success to St. Paul s School. As a matter of fact, I've been told by more than one teacher in the public schools that they can tell where they went to elementary and middle school...."they know how to study and behave." If I were to do all over again, I would choose the same route that we did. It was worth every penny. Unfortunately, you can't please every body all of the time no matter how hard you try....in conclusion, I would highly recommend St. Paul's School in Kensington and have to many of my friends...who feel the same way I do.

My two children attended St. Paul School Kindergarten through 8th grade. Both attended different High Schools after graduating from St. Paul and both High Schools remarked on how well prepared my children were for high school. Now, as young adults, they lead well grounded, happy and successful lives. St. Paul School not only prepared them well academically but instilled in them strong moral values and a sense of community. I have continued to stay involved with St. Paul School and have only seen constant improvement with academics, technology, extra curricular activities and teacher/student/parent communications. I have no reservations in highly recommending St. Paul School.

There were many changes at St Paul School this year . In my opinion non were positive. St. Paul School used to be a breath of fresh air and filled with happiness and compassion . It also had a competitive academic curriculum . Bullying was unacceptable and not tolerated. This year that all changed for my child.The challenging curriculum we became accustomed to ended this year when You Tube became the main way of teaching . The worst part was the bullying both physical and verbal. We chose to pull our child from St. Paul School to keep her safe and academically thriving . Upon entering a new school my child was academically behind in all subjects because they were too busy listening to Nickelback instead of learning. I have hesitated in writing a review as there are a few wonderful teachers there who do teach a stellar curriculum especially in third and fourth grade. After deep consideration I feel as though have to come forward so that another child does not go through what my child has gone through. If you are not a hundred percent with them then you are a 100% against them.

Last modified St Paul School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8