Berlin, CT

Posted April 01, 2014
We have had our 3 boys in the school for 4 years now and have been very happy. The school provides a very strong curriculum as well as many wonderful extracurricular activities. The teachers are caring, well educated individuals who are there for our children. I would highly recommend the school for anyone who is looking for a strong, catholic education for their child.

Posted April 04, 2013
There is no utopia. However when you are paying tuition it is a parents job to do their homework before deciding on a school. There are reviews regarding St Paul school that are over the top positive and a few that are very negative. Before deciding a parent should ask a lot of questions regarding the academics, school rankings, test scores, turnover with staff, how many families have enrolled this year, how many have left the school, school policies, and what is the policy when children are bullied? Indeed the school tour and discussion with the principal and teachers are important. However if you really want to know about the school, ask existing families. Investigate not only the names of families the school provides, go to the school and solicit feedback from other parents who will be candid and honest where the feedback is not scripted. There will be both positive and negative aspects about any school, it is imperative to be diligent about discovering the facts. There are many layers of a school including academics, social, extra curricular and educating the whole child to include faith. Its a parents responsibility to do their homework in all areas and see what's a fit!

St Paul School 4

Posted April 02, 2013
My children attend Saint Paul School and I would highly recommend it to other parents. We have found the teachers and staff to be very engaged with both the parents and the students. The teachers take a strong interest in their students and work hard to help them succeed. In addition, the teachers also help to instill and reinforce Christian values. Our Catholic faith is integral to all that goes on at the school, from religion classes, to monthly school Masses, to service to others, to our Virtue of the Month program. Outside the classroom there are many opportunities for students to get involved through sports, the newspaper club, the dinosaur club, iCare, and other extra-curricular activities. Schools often advertise that they educate the whole child. In the case of Saint Paul School, I know this to be true.

Posted April 02, 2013
Our daughter has attended St. Paul kindergarten thru grade 8. The atmosphere, curriculum, principal, teachers & staff have been instrumental in shaping her into a compassionate, intelligent young lady with strong morales. Her education has been superb & has included activities such as Science Fair, Daughters of the American Revolution Essay Contest, Mock Trial & Travel Fair. The learning tools used are excellent & have prepared her to be global minded & technology based-critical for higher education & career. She has learned study techniques including a time management planner, automated/paper flashcards, on-line self quiz tools & more. She has learned how to do involved projects & research papers. Academically she has been groomed for success! St. Paul has also taught her to be spiritual & to do community service. The children learn about a different virtue each month - in today's world something very critical. Parents are supportive & communicate when necessary via email & phone. I am so greatful to the entire TEAM at school & church that have helped to mold our daughter into the young person she is today - an independent thinker who excels academically & socially!

Posted April 02, 2013
My children have all attended St. Paul School in Kensington. We first started at St. Paul's some 16 years ago. The last of my three daughters is graduating this year and it will truly be a happy yet sad day. We have seen lots of very good positive things happen over the years. To this day, I receive compliments from teachers where my children attend high school, college and work on how well rounded, smart and polite they are. We (and I mean my husband and I along with the staff at St. Paul's) have raised good Christian young ladies. They have all excelled in their academic and personal lives and I MUST attribute a large percentage of their success to St. Paul s School. As a matter of fact, I've been told by more than one teacher in the public schools that they can tell where they went to elementary and middle school...."they know how to study and behave." If I were to do all over again, I would choose the same route that we did. It was worth every penny. Unfortunately, you can't please every body all of the time no matter how hard you try....in conclusion, I would highly recommend St. Paul's School in Kensington and have to many of my friends...who feel the same way I do.

Posted April 02, 2013
My two children attended St. Paul School Kindergarten through 8th grade. Both attended different High Schools after graduating from St. Paul and both High Schools remarked on how well prepared my children were for high school. Now, as young adults, they lead well grounded, happy and successful lives. St. Paul School not only prepared them well academically but instilled in them strong moral values and a sense of community. I have continued to stay involved with St. Paul School and have only seen constant improvement with academics, technology, extra curricular activities and teacher/student/parent communications. I have no reservations in highly recommending St. Paul School.

Posted April 01, 2013
There were many changes at St Paul School this year . In my opinion non were positive. St. Paul School used to be a breath of fresh air and filled with happiness and compassion . It also had a competitive academic curriculum . Bullying was unacceptable and not tolerated. This year that all changed for my child.The challenging curriculum we became accustomed to ended this year when You Tube became the main way of teaching . The worst part was the bullying both physical and verbal. We chose to pull our child from St. Paul School to keep her safe and academically thriving . Upon entering a new school my child was academically behind in all subjects because they were too busy listening to Nickelback instead of learning. I have hesitated in writing a review as there are a few wonderful teachers there who do teach a stellar curriculum especially in third and fourth grade. After deep consideration I feel as though have to come forward so that another child does not go through what my child has gone through. If you are not a hundred percent with them then you are a 100% against them.

Posted March 27, 2013
When my children first went to St Paul, I loved the school. There was a sense of community and we were impressed with the academics. Over the last few years I have watched many changes. There should be a revolving door for the principals, there have been 3 in the past 3 years. Along with the change in administration, there have been shifts with the teachers and their attitudes. No one seems happy especially the staff and as a parent looking in, I am not certain of the reasons,these are simply my observations. The academics have declined as well. I was impressed with how much my kids were learning especially in grades 1,3,4. I cannot say that with other grades. I have concerns overall and as such I am thinking that my kids would benefit from another school.

Posted January 25, 2013
I chose St. Paul School because my niece attended Pre-K-4. My sister could not say enough gret things about how her daughter thrilled in the education and religious environment. I experienced the same when I decided to send my boys to St. Paul School. I have only experienced open lines of communication, fostering of friendships and my boys are thriving. They are challenged academically and the teachers are available to provide support to not only the students but also to the parents. I also love the religious education component. It is not a class it is a teaching style and a safe and loving environment for children. I have recommended St. Paul School to other families and will continue to do so. The Principal shows clear leadership qualities and it is apparent that her staff is supportive.

Posted January 24, 2013
The school is wonderful. They do everything in their power to actively weed out bullying. The small class sizes build a tight nit community between classes. Teachers foster both learning and friendship. I am proud to be a member of this school.

St Paul School