Bad
Good

I have 3 kids in the school and I've had some really great experiences at the school. Sadly, over the last two years, the administration has made some changes and parents are not as welcome to help out in the school (library, classroom "centers", etc) as I've seen in previous years. Over the last two years, there has also been an influx of new teachers. As far as individual teachers go, out of the 12 my kids have had, I only had one that I'd say was a bad experience. I give the "specials" teacher kudos, because they all do a dynamic job!!! The band programs is especially impressive.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Out of 12 we've worked with, we've had good communication and felt the teachers understood my child in all cases except one.

I have two children in this school and they are very happy .It's a great school. And teachers very kind

I should know! That's what I said. When I first started using my Elementary Education degree in the state of CT, about 3 years ago, I signed into and got accepted at about 10 districts. This one school kept standing out for me. Emma Hart Willard! Why. I find it interesting that I now mostly teach/as a sub at this school and could not be happier. I'm not sure if it's me or the school. Einstein said it's physics, "find the energy that matches your energy." Now what am I talking about? I did figure it out. If you want to feel the kind of energy a fabulous learning environment should have and be about, it's at Willard. Notice the happy learners and teachers.

Last modified Emma Hart Willard School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.