Bethany, CT

Bethany Community School 2

Posted October 20, 2014
The only thing I can agree that I see some improvement in, is with the principal. Unfortunately though, we have made a very poor choice amongst the three towns for elementary education as I know many in orange and Woodbridge and saw it the first year of middle school, BCS doesn't prepare the kids as much as they should at all. I'm sorry about last post for the rudeness of some students at high school. It's very sad, but there are always people in the world who don't act respectful as we all know but hope that's the worst it gets. Good luck with that and hope it concludes peacefully immediately.

Bethany Community School 4

Posted October 12, 2014
Having children currently in this school, I completely disagree with some of the reviews. The teachers are excellent in this school, and they have a very good, but rigorous schedule.Bethany overall is the best choice out of the three towns. The biggest problem I have seen with our older son in high school is that the woodbridge kids are very rude and stuck up to anyone who does not live in woodbridge.

Bethany Community School 1

Posted March 02, 2014
School does not encourage parent involvement. Seems as if they do not want the parents at the school. Very little communication. Kids get barely 20 minutes for lunch, even less recess(physical activity) Young teachers with little experience. High turn over.

Posted August 22, 2010
The school experience has been great for my child. We are looking foreword to another year of learning.

Posted April 01, 2009
We have been very Happy with the school system and we have 2 children in the system

Bethany Community School 4

Posted June 15, 2008

Posted June 03, 2008
An excellent environment that fosters learning. While the the kindergarten curriculum is rigorous by comparison to what I remember as a child, the students seem to excel as compared to neighboring schools. While the environment is challenging, it does allow for individual growth. I find it ironic that some would criticize early implementation of foreign language and computer literacy given the global marketplace. It is that primitive way of thinking that has held our country back realtive to countries in Asia and Europe.

Bethany Community School 2

Posted August 31, 2007
Not sure if it is me or the school Full day kindergarten, but children only get one fifteen minute recess a day and only gym once a week. Kindergarteners get to pick what they eat from a varied menu, not the parents Would you trust your 5 yearold to pick ? I think teaching spanish to this grade is also a little excessive when they are still learning the ABC's in english.My feelings are the same about computer classes. Infact my kids teacher told us that she signed my kids up for an extra computer class.There is no balance . We have one of the higher amounts of computers per student and yet we were told to bring jump ropes and balls so the kids have something to play with during recess.They ignore the states recommendations on PE and recess. they encourage inactivity and obesity

Bethany Community School 1

Posted December 06, 2004

Bethany Community School
44 Peck Rd, Bethany, CT  06524
Last modified Bethany Community School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bethany Community School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top