Posted September 20, 2014
SMS is a WONDERFUL school! From pre K to eighth grade, the teachers are magnificent, Sr. Anne is an incredible principal who knows each and every student by name, and test scores way above average. We originally only intended to keep our children at SMS for the younger grades, but now would not dream of taking them out! No school in the area compares to St. Mary's. It is everything a great school should be and not only lays a solid foundation for their future education, but also is a powerful way to reinforce what we teach our children at home-how to be respectful, kind, and hard working children while still having fun and making great friends! While the tuition at SMS is reasonable, the benefits are priceless! Hands down, the best investment that can be made for your child!

Posted January 21, 2014
my child transferred to SMS from a neighboring public school. The change is amazing!! my child went from an insecure, shy child who lacked confidence and was an average student. Today, the difference has been life changing-a whole new person. my child now glows!! happy, confident, very involved in activities with many wonderful friends. School is now a joy, and what used to be an average (C) student, is now all A's and B's (mostly A's!) with a more challenging curriculum than the public school. All I can say is THANK YOU for what SMS has given to my child..it has been life-changing!

Posted December 28, 2013
I love Saint Mary School so much. It is my first year and it already feels like home. My classmates are amazing, my teachers, Sister Anne. I do not have one complaint about this school, it is life changing!

Posted September 02, 2013
I truly believe this is the BEST investment a parent can make for their children. My children are safe, receiving an excellent education, making wonderful friends and having fun! This is more than a school-it is family. My oldest child is excelling in high school (starting their soph. year), and my youngest was so excited to start school up again at SMS last week. Besides a top-notch education, the extra activities the school offers are wonderful. Would not trade the SMS experience for ANYTHING and I know, without a doubt, their time at SMS will benefit them throughout their lives. THANK YOU SMS form the bottom of my heart!

Posted June 15, 2012
A truly amazing school. We moved our children here last year from another local Catholic school which was not providing the education we had hoped for. Whilst a difficult decision at the time, we now see just how wise our move was. St Mary's has provided absolutely TOP NOTCH academics in a fun and nurturing and caring environment. Sr Anne is a superb Principal - she runs a very tight ship with a sense of humor and compassion. Her teaching faculty is experienced, involved and provides numerous in-class and extra-curricular enhancement. Our interaction with the administration and faculty has been absolutely faultless. Our children also have FUN! From weekly popcorn sales to the monthly bake sales, the pig races, Penny Wars, the class fun never ends! Add to that the basketball, dance team, cheerleading, track, robotics, math club, school musical, special projects, the school provides everything we need. The Catholic education is also top notch and the St Mary parish and community are a real family. There is a high level of family volunteering at the school and a distinct lack of politics (with which the previous school was plagued). Five Stars all round to St Marys.

Posted September 28, 2010
I am the parent of three St. Mary School graduates and I can attest to the fact that they have all received a top notch education not only in academics, but in morals, ethics and religion. This school with Sister Anne McCarthy at the helm was awarded the US National Blue Ribbon School award and will serve the Bethel community well into the future. The school faculty and staff provide a wonderful learning environment and become an extended family. If you are looking for an alternative to public education, St. Mary School is an excellent choice.

St. Mary Elementary School 4

Posted October 20, 2009
St. Mary is a wonderful school; I love the fact that my two boys are getting their religious education as well as their core education at he same time. St. Mary is also a BLUE RIBBON school - achieving that is a feat in itself. My boys are getting a good, solid education, building friendships and learning values that aren't taught in large, public facilities.

Posted January 26, 2009
St Mary's Bethel is truly wonderful. I have 3 children enrolled and all of them are incredibly happy there. The Academics are amazing and the school was awarded the National Blue Ribbon Honor because our students are top 10% in the country on standardized tests. The community of parents, teachers and students are really very special. I can't imagine not being a part of this wonderful school. It is worth every penny!

Posted March 05, 2008
There is truly nothing that I do not love about St. Mary School in Bethel. The academics are top notch (students consistently achieve in the top tier of Iowa Test Scores). St. Mary School is up for becoming a 'Blue Ribbon School' - this is a very competitive process and we are the only school left in the Diocese to possibly receive this honor. The principal is SUPERB, as are the teacher! My children have fun at school and are learning a great deal. The technology, arts (first ever full stage production took place last month with over 50 students participating) and athletics (i.e.; our JV Girls had an undefeated season and we are beginning a first-ever track and field team this spring). Parent involement is second to none - we enjoy and are committed to helping continue the excellence that is St. Mary School!

Posted May 23, 2007

St. Mary Elementary School
24 Dodgingtown Road, Bethel, CT  06801
Last modified St. Mary Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Mary Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top