PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

As a father who attended Catholic school (Fordham Preparatory) I wanted my own children to have a rigorous, faith-filled education with inspiring teachers and incredible role models. St. Mary's School sets high standards for each child, emotionally, academically, physically, spiritually and morally. My children have transformed in front of my eyes--I can see--as the seeds of Christian Virtue are planted, they are changing into more moral and confident people. Because of their teachers, they want to reach higher, behave better, follow-through, be organized, be prepared, be other-focused and kind. My wife and I are in awe. It is their teachers who have lit the flame of their quest to be better children. In our modern world, having a community that transmits these expectations to one's children is priceless. The administration holds the children in their hearts and displays the utmost compassion, patience and individual understanding. My children come home from school filled with an invigorated morality. They take their teachers' advice to heart; they now talk about God, want to have family dinners, mention ideas for displaying love of one's neighbor, have a vocabulary that gives them motivation to be forgiving and respectful to their parents. They know honoring their parents is a Commandment. We can **see** that our children now act with more patience, have become better siblings. My wife and I comment that are home life is so great now. I went to school with outstanding Jesuit priests and archdiocese priests that loved their vocations. I was not sure if I would find a similar community for my children. I had the awesome fortune of being taught by great priests and religious. Then I met the extraordinary Priests of St. Mary's Church who are great champions of the school, true spiritual fathers. We moved to the Greater Danbury area (from lower Fairfield County) because we sensed that we might have found a special school. We soon realized St. Mary's is not just a special school, it is an extraordinary school.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

The culture is one of respect, dialogue and reconciliation.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

The teachers take the time to look deeply into the child's soul and find a way to inspire them. The first step is to know and like the child. The teachers truly love their students and so the children respond to this with a deep desire to please them.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The leadership of this school is stellar.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My children are now more respectful and display more self control, hope and compassion. A true strength of this school is its training in virtue. Priceless.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers in this school set high standards and inspire the students to reach high and grow. They get to know each student's strengths and weaknesses and truly seek innovative ways to reach each child, as an individual. They know the importance of encouragement and structure, of rewards and incentives, they stretch their students and create a class room culture that is respectful and fun. The students are always engaged, cheerful, eager to please and united.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My children receive homework that reinforces their learning in school and allows me as a parent to monitor and assess their progress. My child has owned her homework responsibilities and wants to please her teacher so she eagerly completes her homework now.

Saint Mary's School is a slice of Heaven on Earth. I researched every single Catholic and dozens of private schools in all of Fairfield County. By the Grace of God, we found St. Mary's. Now, because of their amazing staff, administrators, the parish and the holy and faternal priests, my children can become all that they can be. The teachers pour their hearts and minds into their classroom. They are true examples of Christian faith. They know each student like they are their own and set high standards that make the children soar academically. The Parish community enfolds the school into a greal embrace of charity and love, the First Friday Masses are attended by parents, parishioners, the lay staff and daily communicants. Father Corey has fostered a parish community that overflows in trust and respect. I predict there will be an Exodus of families from Southern Fairfield County who will want to join this very special parish and school. The families here are so caring, offering rides, opening their homes, teaching their children the beauty of friendship and Catholic family life. The Parish feeds the homeless and carries out the acts of Mercy and has an amazing family mass that the students all love going to see their friends from school. School spirit is so high because the incredible parents have a perfect blend of fun activities and special events, from pajama nights, to popcorn days, to feasts, to a carnival, to a Santa Shop, to classroom parties, Saint celebrations, trips to New York City, charitable works that foster gratitude and kindness. The Parish of St. Mary also has the most beautiful grounds, holy family statues, a grotto that my preschooler adores and an amazing creche that the children stand in awe over. The beauty of the grounds wrap your children and teaches them about love. Each morning, a priest stands outside the front door of the school and personally greets every child and Mom and Dad. Finally, the Preschool program is extraordinary. It is, perhaps, the best early childhood program in the State of Connecticut. Catholic schools will experience a renaissance because of schools like Saint Mary's. Motherhood and fatherhood becomes a joy when one finds a school like Saint Mary's as one's children become part of a joyous family where everyone cares about each other. An amazing school. There is nothing our family would ever choose to buy or own over sending our kids here.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

100%. This school reinforces what we teach at home about kindness, respect for others and hard work.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Wonderful, caring teachers who challenge the students.

Last modified St. Mary Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8