PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Saint Mary's School is a slice of Heaven on Earth. I researched every single Catholic and dozens of private schools in all of Fairfield County. By the Grace of God, we found St. Mary's. Now, because of their amazing staff, administrators, the parish and the holy and faternal priests, my children can become all that they can be. The teachers pour their hearts and minds into their classroom. They are true examples of Christian faith. They know each student like they are their own and set high standards that make the children soar academically. The Parish community enfolds the school into a greal embrace of charity and love, the First Friday Masses are attended by parents, parishioners, the lay staff and daily communicants. Father Corey has fostered a parish community that overflows in trust and respect. I predict there will be an Exodus of families from Southern Fairfield County who will want to join this very special parish and school. The families here are so caring, offering rides, opening their homes, teaching their children the beauty of friendship and Catholic family life. The Parish feeds the homeless and carries out the acts of Mercy and has an amazing family mass that the students all love going to see their friends from school. School spirit is so high because the incredible parents have a perfect blend of fun activities and special events, from pajama nights, to popcorn days, to feasts, to a carnival, to a Santa Shop, to classroom parties, Saint celebrations, trips to New York City, charitable works that foster gratitude and kindness. The Parish of St. Mary also has the most beautiful grounds, holy family statues, a grotto that my preschooler adores and an amazing creche that the children stand in awe over. The beauty of the grounds wrap your children and teaches them about love. Each morning, a priest stands outside the front door of the school and personally greets every child and Mom and Dad. Finally, the Preschool program is extraordinary. It is, perhaps, the best early childhood program in the State of Connecticut. Catholic schools will experience a renaissance because of schools like Saint Mary's. Motherhood and fatherhood becomes a joy when one finds a school like Saint Mary's as one's children become part of a joyous family where everyone cares about each other. An amazing school. There is nothing our family would ever choose to buy or own over sending our kids here.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

100%. This school reinforces what we teach at home about kindness, respect for others and hard work.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Wonderful, caring teachers who challenge the students.

I love SMS. My children transferred to SMS and it was the best decision my wife and I could have made. The academics are far superior to his old school, the small class sizes are wonderful, and the parents, students and teachers made us feel so at home very quickly. In every way that is important, SMS is the best for our children.

SMS is a WONDERFUL school! From pre K to eighth grade, the teachers are magnificent, Sr. Anne is an incredible principal who knows each and every student by name, and test scores way above average. We originally only intended to keep our children at SMS for the younger grades, but now would not dream of taking them out! No school in the area compares to St. Mary's. It is everything a great school should be and not only lays a solid foundation for their future education, but also is a powerful way to reinforce what we teach our children at home-how to be respectful, kind, and hard working children while still having fun and making great friends! While the tuition at SMS is reasonable, the benefits are priceless! Hands down, the best investment that can be made for your child!

I love Saint Mary School so much. It is my first year and it already feels like home. My classmates are amazing, my teachers, Sister Anne. I do not have one complaint about this school, it is life changing!

I truly believe this is the BEST investment a parent can make for their children. My children are safe, receiving an excellent education, making wonderful friends and having fun! This is more than a school-it is family. My oldest child is excelling in high school (starting their soph. year), and my youngest was so excited to start school up again at SMS last week. Besides a top-notch education, the extra activities the school offers are wonderful. Would not trade the SMS experience for ANYTHING and I know, without a doubt, their time at SMS will benefit them throughout their lives. THANK YOU SMS form the bottom of my heart!

A truly amazing school. We moved our children here last year from another local Catholic school which was not providing the education we had hoped for. Whilst a difficult decision at the time, we now see just how wise our move was. St Mary's has provided absolutely TOP NOTCH academics in a fun and nurturing and caring environment. Sr Anne is a superb Principal - she runs a very tight ship with a sense of humor and compassion. Her teaching faculty is experienced, involved and provides numerous in-class and extra-curricular enhancement. Our interaction with the administration and faculty has been absolutely faultless. Our children also have FUN! From weekly popcorn sales to the monthly bake sales, the pig races, Penny Wars, the class fun never ends! Add to that the basketball, dance team, cheerleading, track, robotics, math club, school musical, special projects, the school provides everything we need. The Catholic education is also top notch and the St Mary parish and community are a real family. There is a high level of family volunteering at the school and a distinct lack of politics (with which the previous school was plagued). Five Stars all round to St Marys.

I am the parent of three St. Mary School graduates and I can attest to the fact that they have all received a top notch education not only in academics, but in morals, ethics and religion. This school with Sister Anne McCarthy at the helm was awarded the US National Blue Ribbon School award and will serve the Bethel community well into the future. The school faculty and staff provide a wonderful learning environment and become an extended family. If you are looking for an alternative to public education, St. Mary School is an excellent choice.

St. Mary is a wonderful school; I love the fact that my two boys are getting their religious education as well as their core education at he same time. St. Mary is also a BLUE RIBBON school - achieving that is a feat in itself. My boys are getting a good, solid education, building friendships and learning values that aren't taught in large, public facilities.

Last modified St. Mary Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8