Posted December 14, 2014
It is Sunday night and what has become all too common is happening again. my child does not want to go to school tomorrow. Last year was bad, but this year is pure hell for my child. It started around October..i notices her getting quiet and sad every sunday evening. It finally come to a head in mid November, when I woke her up for school and she burst into tears (very unlike her), begging "please don't make me go!!" It broke my heart, and since she rarely cries, I knew something was seriously wrong. I let her stay home and that day she confided in me what is going on at this pathetic excuse for a school. she is mercilessly bullied EVERY day. The teacher's response to her being called ugly, stupid etc? She told my daughter "just ignore them"..and not one word to the bullies! So the bullying goes on..day after day My heart breaks for my child..not only the terrible treatment she suffers every day, but I find the academics far below average. their only concern is test scores and drilling into them what will be on the tests. No real education here...endless worksheets and mindless busy work. we WILL be looking for somewhere else for my child for next year.

Posted September 04, 2014
Our experience at Rockwell has been excellent. I cannot say enough good things about the patient and loving teachers, the administration and everyone that works in the school from aides, to the cafeteria staff and cleaning crew. I get a community feeling at Rockwell and everyone is welcome to get involved with the school. The academics are fair and challenge the students and extra help is provided to those who need it. My younger one had special help in Circle of Friends with speech and I could not believe how far he came the last school year in his development, it truly amazed me and helped him with his confidence to participate and learn. The PTO works very hard to raise money in order to provide the kids with extra tools in the classroom that are not covered in the budget, and they also create fun activities that give the kids a much needed break from school work. I am very appreciative that my kids go to Rockwell School, and my kids are too!

Posted May 29, 2014
I am very disappointed with the education my children are receiving at Rockwell. In all honesty, there is not one thing I can say positive about this school. The teachers seem bored and uninterested, discipline is close to zero, and what my children tells me what goes on in the classroom is unreal. I do not recommend this school if you care at all about your child's education.

Posted May 08, 2014
My experience this year at Rockwell has exceeded my expectations. My daughter is an "average" learner but the staff at Rockwell do not treat any child as "average". They work with them to discover their interests and use that to motivate the children. They truly care about the process of learning and they all care about all the student. I was able to speak with the new principal, Ms. Soucy and was immediately struck by her genuine love of learning, and her excitement to be a part of Rockwell. Knowing she is in charge adds to my love for Rockwell School! Thank you Rockwell staff...you all ROCK!!!

Posted April 06, 2014
My daughter goes to Rockwell school Kindergarten class and i am very happy and pleased with the teachers,principal and school staff.My daughter always talks about what they are learning from school and her teacher also gave me first grade sight word for extra sight word practice.ROCKWELL ROCK ON!!!

Posted April 05, 2014
This school has been nothing but a disappointment since my child started kindergarten. I researched school districts in the area and chose Bethel based on performance/word of mouth recommendations and was very excited for my child to begin his school career there. The entire experience has been not only a huge let down but very stressful for my family. I was pressured to medicate my 5 y/o after being in public school for less than 6 mos. They are unable/unwilling to accept an active child and demanded over the top interventions and even threatened to not allow him to attend. My 5 y/o would come home every day and talk about how his teacher hated him and thought he was bad/stupid. He was ostracized from his peers from the get go. I insisted he be moved into a different teacher's classroom, which the school was very refractory to but eventually agreed to after several months. Things improved afterwards, but the school takes no responsibility for the problem with the original teacher. The staff is very snotty and condescending and I have been blown away with the way they approach parents regarding just about anything. Avoid this school if at all possible.

Anna H. Rockwell School 4

Posted April 05, 2014
I NEVER "review" but troubled by recent postings, I felt compelled.We loved Mr. Kirmil and were apprehensive to the changing of the guard. But that's life. Ms.Soucy is new and I've no personal complaints of yet. A recent convo w/parents did note her "presence" being slow to evolve. And I agree we don't "feel" like we see her much. But hey, she's still settling in. I suspect that confidence will come and she'll grow beautifully into this position. The worksheets post is interesting, something I hadn't considered b4 but now has my attention. Curriculum change&transition? hmmm. we need to be vigilant that these tools not morph into time wasters. So far, OUR experience has been positive. My son has some emerging special needs and tho not always i2i, we've felt nothing but respect in our mutual goals for his overall education and well being. We did Circle for preK and at the time preferred to stay at Berry. But,now,I'm happy the luck of the draw brought us to Rockwell's doors. The negative posts may or may not have merit. I do hope they're read by staff and faculty with humble ears. It can only be constructive to keeping our dialogue open and our growth on track. Rock Well! Rock On!

Anna H. Rockwell School 2

Posted February 17, 2014
my child is struggling at Rockwell. she is a slightly above average student, but gets zero attention in class. I used to think Rockwell was an above average school, but it is going downhill fast. the academics are way behind public school in neighboring towns, even the Danbury public school are ahead of Rockwell in terms of the quality of education. the majority of my child's day is spent doing worksheets with very little active learning. I would suggest looking for an alternative if you are thinking about sending your child to Rockwell.

Posted March 27, 2012
My son has flourished at Rockwell. He has had an amazing elementary school experience so far. I cannot believe the progress that he has made in the last 2 years. He also is really interested in the work and a great deal of that motivation can be directly attributed to the teachers. He always talks about what they are learning at school and holds his teachers in the highest regard. I agree with all of the other reviews that Mr. Kirmil is an amazing principal. My son really enjoys all of the after school events that they offer and Mr. Kirmil is always there. It is quite obvious how much he cares. I am excited for my younger 2 boys to go to Rockwell in the coming years.

Posted January 30, 2012
Mr. Kirmil is a great Principal. Faculty and Staff are so friendly, helpful and nice.

Anna H. Rockwell School
400 Whittlesey Dr, Bethel, CT  06801
Last modified Anna H. Rockwell School is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anna H. Rockwell School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top