Bethel High School 1

Posted September 24, 2014
What a nightmare BHS is! My oldest graduated last year with honors, and in the first month at UNCONN is struggling. While he had fun at BHS, he even admitted how much more his college classmates from other public and private high schools know than he does. My daughter is now a sophomore at BHS and, like her brother, is suffering due to the poor academics. Unlike her brother, she is not having fun. the school is SO clicky-if (at 15-16!) you don't drink or do drugs, you do not fit in and are subject to daily bullying.

Bethel High School 4

Posted April 30, 2014
BHS is an excellent school. We have two children that progressed through the Bethel school system and graduated from BHS within the last 4 years. They both did very well academically and played varsity sports. Both went on to attend selective, private colleges with scholarships. As parents, we provided support at home to help them to be successful. Like most things in life, you will get out what you put in to it. I would highly recommend this school.

Bethel High School 1

Posted December 30, 2013
I am a student at Bethel. I read another post that described the "In clique"/crowd being favored by administration and teachers, which I couldn't agree more with. I struggled with science in particular last year and the counselors seemed more interested in getting the teacher to just pass me rather than really work with me. The teacher seemed to fear administration (maybe because they were a terrible teacher) and as soon as any action from guidance came into play, the teacher immediately did everything in their power to push me along, without any means to really work with me to grasp the information. This was shocking both to me and my parents as I have attended a different school where the status quo was much different. At bethel, if you are not considered "popular" chances are you will not be recognized for any awards or other academic recognition, (unless you devote your life to the ROTC program) Also, "popular" (that word is being used for lack of a more demeaning word) students of each grade are favored by the teachers and administration. Teachers and admins are EXTREMELY BIAS. As far as positives go, the school is clean and has good lunch food (A+, yus bethel, yuuuus).

Bethel High School 2

Posted November 25, 2013
I am a sophmore at BHS and really do not like it. The classes are to easy, classes are out of control, and students have no respect for anyone. I dread going there every day and know I will not be ready for college if I decide to go.

Posted October 13, 2013
All of the Bethel public schools are outstanding! The teachers and guidance counselors are on top of everything considering my child has learning and social issues. Also, the security at the schools is very strict and makes me feel at ease.

Posted October 09, 2013
As a parent who's children have experienced education in Westport, New Canaan and Bethel, here are my observations. First, too many expect the school to parent their children. They will make excuses and blame the school for what they should be doing. Its a parents job to make sure students attend on time, get their homework done, and learn about drugs. Drugs are in every school in the country. That said, Bethel is a better town than most of the coastal communities. Westport and New Canaan pretend to be a glossy magazine cover, when in fact they have families that are barely clinging to the dream. Too much stress to appear to be number one which results in too many coverups of major failures. Bethel's teachers are excellent. The school campuses are great. There is a negative political element in town that is anti-intellectual but their stupidity takes care of itself and as a result the rest of the town tries harder. The crime rate in town is near zero, its a wholesome and hard working area to raise a family. You get more for your money in Bethel than any Connecticut town I can think of and its an easy commute anywhere. If you are an involved parent, Bethel is great.

Bethel High School 2

Posted September 02, 2010
Bethel High School is far from "top in the state"..it is average at the very best. I found their math program terrible, and many other areas way below my expectations. I expected improvements after the renovation and while the building is much nicer, the academics are still below average.

Posted August 08, 2010
Great school. terrific academic opportunities as well as activities for all types of students. Renovation is complete and the building looks great and meets all the needs as far as technology and up to date learning environment. I wish we could remove all ratings prior to renovation, as most of them complained about facility which is modern and up to date now.

Posted July 29, 2010
This school is very clean, and well built. It has a lot of activities and is very well organized. It has a warm and welcoming staff for when I went to do registration this summer. I just moved here from New York and everyone has been nothing but kind to me. I love it in this town and at what I have seen at this school. It is nothing like it was when all those other people were commenting.

Posted February 28, 2010
I thought this part was called 'Parent Review', not disgruntled student review. The school is among the best in the state. This is a vast improvement over where it had been. The BOE is far less poitical than it had been. The NJROTC has recieved the 'Distinguished Unit' designation since its inception. The music program is among the top 100 countrywide. Its per-pupilc spending is the highest in its ERG and in the area, only Ridgefield spends more per pupil by a couple of hundred bucks. For its demographic, Bethel schools, and its high school in particular, is as good as it gets.

Bethel High School
300 Whittlesey Dr, Bethel, CT  06801
Last modified Bethel High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bethel High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top