Bad
Good

BMS is a terrible, at best, school. While there are a few decent teachers, the majority are unmotivated and show favoritism to the "cool" kids. If your child is athletic or popular, they will breeze though BMS. My child is smart and plays one sport, but isnt a superstar, so he gets no attention from the teachers and is board to tears in his classes. I am consiering not sending my child to Bethel High School, but woory he will not be prepared for the more academically-minded private schools in the area. I highly regret sending my child to the bethel public schools and wish i had made diferent choices.

BMS in not a very good school. academically, it is not where I hoped. their teaching method is outdated and consists mainly of busy work with little to no active learning. my child we be just as well off if her education consisted of watching video lessons at home.

I am not at all happy with the education my child receiving at BMS. The school is PATHETIC!

I was a student at Bethel Middle School, back in 1973.Bethel is a wonderful town to bring a family up, as for the school,, it was ok. many teachers favor certain students, and ignore others. when there is a child having a problem with other kids, the school lets it continue. they just didnt seem to stop the bullying. there were many fights, but at least we didnt have to worry about guns in schools back in the seventies.when a student is having problems with other students, you cant seem to really learn much because your so aggravated all the time.because of this, and them passing me when I should have been left behind, I dont have a 4 year college education, only a 1 year trade in healthcare.

I loved this school i felt so comfortable and i was never alone. It is the nicest school system. The teachers are nice but they make sure you learn something from school. The students are awefully nice to everyone. Its like a big family. I would recommend this school to anyone. I have never felt so happy before.

I think my school is great! I think there is something wrong with the parent that wrote the worst reveiw. Bethel is a great town, and everyone is nice. Maybe it is the person that is making everyone sopposedly horrible. Our school does deal with discipline. I do think that we should enforce it more on the kids that are known to do bad things. Otherwise the teacher's are nice, and we are highly edacated. I am an over acheiver. I read college level articles (I am only in 7th grade). If you decide to move here, you will not be dissapointed.

Since Dr. Smith arrived as the new principal, the school has a positive environment. He is involved with the students and in the activities. The teacehrs seem to enjoy activities more and the students have noticed the difference. Opportunities for the studetns to become involved have also increased. The academics are improving, they still need to focus on challenging the top students in classes not through the gifted program, the high school looses some of the top students to private schools because of this problem in the middle school.

Last modified Bethel Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.