Posted March 24, 2014
This school is way below average in my opinion. I would think twice before sending your child here. The academics are terrible, especially their reading and math curriculum. I want my child to be successful in life, both academically and socially, and neither seems possible at Johnson. I have been debating pulling my child out all year, but my decision has recently become very clear over the past few months-this is no place for anyone's child.

Posted March 02, 2014
There is close to zero discipline at Johnson. my oldest went to Johnson 3 years ago, and then it was an average school. Since, everything has gone down hill. I believe my daughter is slightly above average academically, but she is unchallenged and learning the same information she learned last year. She put close to zero effort in her studies, yet receives straight A's since the material being taught is so far below her grade level. There are a few children who really struggle and should be getting individual special needs classes, but they are not, and all the teachers attention is given to them, leaving the rest of the class to fend for themselves. I would to recommend this school to anyone. unfortunately, I know from other parents that the middle school is worse and are exploring other options for my child next year. I will not let the bethel public school system ruin my child's chance of being successful.

Ralph M. T. Johnson School 5

Posted December 14, 2010
I have had three children go through this school. I have been very happy with the quality of teachers and especially with the quality of Dr. Gombos. She is an excellent, concerned, motivated, and conscientious principal. She has four children of her own, so she doesn't live in the land of theoretical education. The music program is amazing. The vocal concerts put on by Ms. Carpentier are far better than the concerts at the middle school. Ms. Genuario is a committed band and instrument teacher. If one child won't be challenged by group instrument lessons, she manages to find the time to give that child individual lessons. I really can't say enough about the music program at this school. Academically, this school doesn t really have any programs in place for gifted students, but the expectations of the teachers are high. The Winter Blues Classes provide after-school mini-classes in fun things like knitting, cake decorating, or sports. Technology facilities are modern. The school boasts multiple concerts (vocal, band, orchestra), a science fair, Black History Month Night, an Art Walk, Odyssey of the Mind and a large variety of other activities outside of school hours.

Posted January 25, 2009

Ralph M. T. Johnson School 5

Posted August 16, 2007

Ralph M. T. Johnson School 3

Posted March 24, 2006

Ralph M. T. Johnson School
500 Whittlesey Dr, Bethel, CT  06801
Last modified Ralph M. T. Johnson School is a Public school that serves grades 4-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ralph M. T. Johnson School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top