Bad
Good

i am in 5th grade at Johnson and do-not like this school. the teachers are not very good. they have there favorite students and ignore the rest. the classes are soooooo boring because I HATE worksheets! The kids are mean too. I wish my mom and dad would let me go to any other school but they wont move or let me go to SMS with my really nice basketball friends.

This school is way below average in my opinion. I would think twice before sending your child here. The academics are terrible, especially their reading and math curriculum. I want my child to be successful in life, both academically and socially, and neither seems possible at Johnson. I have been debating pulling my child out all year, but my decision has recently become very clear over the past few months-this is no place for anyone's child.

I have had three children go through this school. I have been very happy with the quality of teachers and especially with the quality of Dr. Gombos. She is an excellent, concerned, motivated, and conscientious principal. She has four children of her own, so she doesn't live in the land of theoretical education. The music program is amazing. The vocal concerts put on by Ms. Carpentier are far better than the concerts at the middle school. Ms. Genuario is a committed band and instrument teacher. If one child won't be challenged by group instrument lessons, she manages to find the time to give that child individual lessons. I really can't say enough about the music program at this school. Academically, this school doesn t really have any programs in place for gifted students, but the expectations of the teachers are high. The Winter Blues Classes provide after-school mini-classes in fun things like knitting, cake decorating, or sports. Technology facilities are modern. The school boasts multiple concerts (vocal, band, orchestra), a science fair, Black History Month Night, an Art Walk, Odyssey of the Mind and a large variety of other activities outside of school hours.

Last modified Ralph M. T. Johnson School is a Public school that serves grades 4-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.