Posted February 03, 2014
My name is Nyrieka .This was my elementary school . It was the best school in Bloomfield at the time and I personally think it still is . I'm a sophomore in High school now but I vividly remember all my teachers and classes .. The teachers were so amazing and really took the time to explain and break down the work . I remember all the great times like community forums and student of the month and class picture day it was awesome .. it really was I still have all of my school pictures and class pictures .. elementary days were the best days of my life

Posted January 02, 2009

Posted June 14, 2008
What a difference a new principal makes! J.P. Vincent has had a new principal for the past two years. She is hard working, caring, and very knowledgeable. Sheila Way is one of the best things that has happened to our school. Teacher morale is high, and everyone puts forth extra effort to create a learning environment that will help every child succeed. J.P. V. is a very special place to be. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.

Posted July 18, 2006
The 2005-2006 School year is when my daughter was enrolled in JP Vincent. Her teacher was absolutely more than I could ask for. We love you Mrs. Gillett(the most awesome Kindergarten teacher ever)! However, I was a little shocked when it came to funding and what the kids are missing out on in comparison to nearby schools such as West Hartford and Simsbury etc. There is a presence that parent's are becoming increasingly involved in the school though. And I'm proud but a little embarrassed to say that my daughter's curriculum and homework was very advanced, almost too much for even me to keep up with! I'm a little shaky on my daughter's 1st grade year as we will have to get used to another teacher after having the best, hopefully the transition will be a smooth one.

J. P. Vincent School 4

Posted March 17, 2006
I think though she seems unmotivated to one. I generally believe she is in control,she's respected and she genuinely cares about our kids and I think above all that's what truly matters. She has great teachers to supervise who ulimately provide stucture and knowledge to these kids. The teachers there ROCK! Kudos to Julie G.

Posted April 10, 2005

J. P. Vincent School 4

Posted January 29, 2005
I agree the the principal is unmotivated, and she was originally retiring when the Blmfd Board of Ed. enticed her to stay. If she wanted to retire, let her go and give someone else a chance.

Posted January 04, 2005