Bloomfield, CT

Posted January 20, 2014
Bloomfield has gone through some major restructuring recently, and Laurel School has been completely re-done. I had my reservations about starting my son in Kindergarten, and about the Bloomfield school system in general. I am not overly concerned about test scores, because I don't think they are a true reflection of the school district. My son did not transition into pre-K well at all, and I was nervous about Kindergarten. But since he's been in Laurel he has blossomed. He loves his teacher, he loves his class, he loves to learn. His teacher is very responsive to emails and notes. The principal called me personally regarding an issue my son was having on the bus. I have no complaints, and I was definitely apprehensive about sending my son to school. I'm so happy that my fears have been put to rest.

Laurel School 1

Posted August 20, 2010
My son went to Laurel School in First grade. It is a terrible school. There was poor leadership from the principal. The work was not challenging enough for my son. When I complained to the teacher, she had an atitude. All my complaints went on deaf ears. I pulled my son out when I had an apportunity and sent him the J P Vincent. At that school the teacher would not return home work. The entire Bloomfield School System is a problem. The CMT reflects that. Ican,t afford private school and I can,t get my son into a magnet schhool so he will have to go back to the terrilbe Bloomfied Schol System.

Posted January 21, 2010

Laurel School 4

Posted August 14, 2009

Posted April 28, 2009

Laurel School 0

Posted November 25, 2008
Thankfully, I pulled my child out of The Laurel School. The lack of supervision allowed him to be bullied on a weekly basis by other students. My complaints went unheard. To top it off, his national test scores were 15% overall, meaning that 85% of the students nationwide scored better than him. All this from a class size of only 7 students. You decide if it s worth the $20,000 a year tuition.

Laurel School 4

Posted March 16, 2006
My daughter went to laurel for five years and my son is currently in first grade. I have also lived in Bloomfield for 40 years and have seen a lot of changes. I believe Laurel is a good school overall and is willing to give extra attention to kids on both ends of the spectrum. Although I think the curriculum could be a little more challenging for the students as a whole. My son is an exceptional learner and they do separate him along with some of the other kids for more in depth teaching.

Posted February 15, 2006
This may not relate to the questions posed above as it may result to one imparticular person. It has been 3+ years since my son attended Laurel School. First impressions usually leave a lasting impression on parents and I am proud to say I was quite satisfied with Laurel. Imparticular Mrs. Richardson my son's 4th grade teacher. If ever I was involved in his education it began at that time. She called the night before with a reminder. Offered rides to children/parents who were limited with travel arrangements, and was just genuine. For her efforts I saw that all of the above criteria's were met. Ryan Patterson, who thinks that was the best teacher her ever had, and myself would like to thank her personally. That year was the best year ever for both him and myself. We appreciated you Mrs. Richardson.

Posted May 13, 2004