Bridgeport, CT
Students enrolled: 1,073

Posted April 23, 2014
In my opinion this is probably the worst high school in Bridgeport. The curriculum is poor and a good portion of students disregard their own education often disrupting others.

Bassick High School 5

Posted April 04, 2014
This school is good but the students there are not serious and they don't get a lot of support from their parents and so they take that on teachers.The school also needs financial support.

Posted October 05, 2012
I looked up the 100 worst schools in America. This came up on the list.

Posted August 31, 2011
This school may have been a great school back in the day, but now it's one of the worst schools I have ever been with. I moved to the district unknowing that the school was on "academic probation". My child, never got an student ID, because the machine had been broken since the being of the year. Never got a locker until school was almost out. Was not put in to the system. My child would go to class and the teachers would ask if they was new, this is after being enrolled for two months. And I never received a report card.I had made a number of calls to the school, with not results. And then the BOE. they were in the same league as the school, no reply. I honestly can't blame one parent that put her child in school in another town. The poor parent was arrested, but who wants a bad education for their child If your child attends Bridgeport schools, they will be left behind.

Posted November 25, 2007
While this school attempt to be one of the best in Bridgeport it's overall academic performance in no way prepares a child for anything other than High School (somewhere else). There is no challenge of the students nor is there accountability. I have had 1 child graduate #2 in his class and I now have a 2nd child going there.

Bassick High School 5

Posted November 21, 2006
this is the best high i have seen yet.

Bassick High School 3

Posted August 13, 2005
Bassick High school is a modest school. the place need some patching up to do. The only main fact. is the security around the area.

Bassick High School
1181 Fairfield Ave, Bridgeport, CT  06605
Last modified Bassick High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bassick High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top