Bridgeport, CT

Edison School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
I drove by this tiny school many times and thought i would never enrolled by children there not because of the size but as a parent i thought of the education level. Being that it is an older building i thought of the technology and ways my kids were going to be taught. Yes I did enrolled them there. My kids love the teachers, friends, and environment. The principal is always attentive in the a.m and p.m hours. The staff and teachers are friendly and welcoming. As a new parent there it seems like it is a family like environment. i would not change anything. Security is always on guard.

Edison School 5

Posted August 29, 2013
I am a former Student and now proud parent of a current Edison Student. Edison is an amazing neigborhood school, with a family environment. The teachers are exceptional they take the time to get to know your child and find what works and doesn't work for their specific needs. The students get the attention they need without sacrificing other students needs. The security gaurd welcomes all parents and students by name and makes you feel at ease. They secretary is an amazing woman with knowledge of everything that goes on and is very welcoming. There are not enough words to describe the exceptional Principal whose door is always open to all students parents and visitors anytime. All around wonderful experience.

Edison School 0

Posted November 19, 2009
My child started attending Edison in kindergarten and as a parent I love Edison. In kindergarten she had 2 wonderful teachers Mrs.H and Ms. Amaro, they taught my daughter to read,and now she loves to read. Now she has Ms. Huff,she is also wonderful. I believe that it first starts at home with your child education and also teach your child how to behave in school so that the teacher can do his or her job. As for the parents work along with the teacher on your child education and believe me it works. I rate the school a 4 out of 5. The only bad thing is the drop off and pick up and that can also be worked on.

Edison School 0

Posted May 01, 2009
edison is a great school the staff is great the security guard is terrific he keeps the kids safe, if you don't like the school then don't have your kids go there but for me i think its great

Edison School 4

Posted January 09, 2006
- a former student
Edison isn't a bad school at all, when I went there it was great, they did try their best but at the time the principal wasn't the best either, but saying negative things about the school doesn't help, if you don't like the school then dont have your child go there. Anyways, I had fun, I was taught a lot, all the years I've been there I had great teachers. And Edison isnt a stereotypical school for Bridgeport, just because it doesn't have enough funds, it still manages to function. So I give big props to Edison!

Edison School 1

Posted May 31, 2004
Get your child into a magnet school at all costs! Edison is run as poorly as I've ever seen. The principal has no control over the students and doesn't allow the PTA to function properly. Discipline problems start in kindergarten and don't stop until they go to 7th grade and become someone else's problem. Dropping and picking up your kid is like going into a demolition derby, parents have zero regard for their children's safety or anyone elses. The teachers do try their best with what they have to work with, they are great. Unfortunately, Edison is the stereotypical Bridgeport school, our exorbitant taxes go for a school not worthy of this country.

Edison School
115 Boston Terrace, Bridgeport, CT  06610
Last modified Edison School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edison School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top