Bridgeport, CT

Posted June 03, 2010
my daughter started hooker school in the middle of 3rd grade . I was very nervous letting her go because this was her first time in the public school system. Mr . Cimino one the first day checked on her all day. Her teacher this year MR KELLY is outstanding he has gone beyond what many teachers do. to treat each child as your own to go to the lengths that these two indivduals do no words can thank you enough... PRINCIPALS AND TEACHERS LIKE MR.KELLY MAKE MYSELF AND MY DAUGHTER VERY HAPPY THAT WE MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE ..... THANK YOU

Posted September 19, 2009
I think this is absolutly the best school Bridgeport has to offer. The teachers are the greatest. The principal and assistant principal are the BEST!!! I have nothing bad to say about this school.

Hooker School 4

Posted December 14, 2006
My son has recently transferred to Hooker School(Dec. 2006). As a parent, I was quite nervous about the transition during the middle of the school year. However, after meeting with Mr. Cimino I was amazed to see how passionate and concerned he was about his students and their education. This helped confirm my decision for our son to attend Hooker School. Mr. Cimino also has 2 simple rules for all the kids to abide by. #1 - Be Good, #2 - Do the work. Simple and to the point! My son not only loves his new school, Mr. Cimino and his teacher, but he has become more focused with his school work and enjoys learning (not to mention the free breakfast & lunch). Mr. Cimino is a great example of a class principal!

Hooker School 2

Posted August 06, 2006

Posted April 04, 2005
I think Thomas Hooker School is a wonderful school. I have 2 children that attend, they have been in this school since grade K and 3. The principal is very involved with the students and parents, you can see him in the hallway every morning socializing with everyone that come in. Mr.Cimino is a kind and loving person and cares about everyone. If you have a problem he's always there to help resolve it. In my opinion, my son's Kindergarden teacher (Ms. M) was the best. Eventhough all of the teachers that my children have had are excellent, I enjoyed the way she taught her class, and made the kids feel special. I also want to mention that the schools social workers are equally excellent and work really hard at what they do. Overall, there is no other school like Thomas Hooker.

Posted November 23, 2004
The percentages for testing on this page are quite deceiving. Ever since Mr. Cimino has become the principal, this school has done remarkably well. This is one of the few schools where your suggestions and comments are actually heard and given serious consideration. The principal is so much more than just a figure head. He is well like by both parents and students alike. He takes the time to actually listen to you and does everything within his power to improve the school in ALL areas. My three children all attended this school (1 graduated, 2 are still attending) and I cannot say enough good things about it. Mr. Cimino will bend over backwards to solve any problem you bring to him. He is often there even after 9:00 p.m. His dedication and caring have paid off for all involved.

Hooker School
138 Roger Williams Rd, Bridgeport, CT  06610
Last modified Hooker School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hooker School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top