PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

St Ann School
Grateful to: School leader

Posted June 16, 2016
Thank you to all who teach at St. Ann Academy, and especially to Mrs. Patricia Griffin, School Principal and Community Leader.

Posted June 16, 2016
The education and care given to the growth and development of each individual student goes above and beyond the norm. My daughter has not only thrived as a student in the environment of St. Ann Academy, but she has also come into her own self as a person. She has gained an inner confidence to herself that I attribute to the teachers and administrators of St. Ann Academy, and especially to Mrs. Patricia Griffin, School Principal. What a wonderful leader and model for the kind of person I want my daughter to become.

Posted March 21, 2015
My daughter and my son attended St Ann School. It is a great place where children can learn and grow and become prepared for kindergarten. Sending my children to St Ann was the right decision. Teachers are so caring, always going above and beyond to make us feel like they were truly partnering with us in raising our kids.

Posted February 20, 2015
I agree with the parent below. St. Ann Academy offers a challenging education that will prepare your children for high school and beyond. I have 3 children enrolled at St. Ann's and it feels amazing to know that my kids are in great hands. The school offers a safe learning environment and does not tolerate nonsense. The teachers know the children, for example you will see the 8th grade teacher greeting the Pre-K students by first name in morning. While this may not seem significant, little things like that really grab my attention because it shows that this is an environment where everyone is accountable for each other. Having worked as a school nurse in many schools, I have seen how some teachers can be overwhelmed and some parents are apathetic. At St. Ann's they continue to make strides to keep lines of communication open with parents, teachers and administration. The school offers many after-school activities and continues to increase the list. I could go on and on but the best way to find out about all St. Ann's has to offer would be to come for a visit and see for yourself!

Posted February 15, 2014
I have been fed up with St. Ann ever since I drove by one day and found my child and her whole class picking up bricks and laying them back down in front of the school in ten degree weather wearing their $200 uniform. The teachers don't care about my child or any child for that matter unless you get straight A's and give the school a good reputation.

Posted January 05, 2014
I feel it is absolutely necessary to put some of the negative reviews by parents below in perspective. St. Ann School is a small, diverse, academically challenging and thriving school. Over the past few years, we have had a couple of families (all close friends and/or relatives) who have had issues with their children at school. Some of the issues are related to poor grades, some about behavioral problems at school, some because there is "too much homework" and some simply because teachers won't go along with the parent's demands. St. Ann school has bent over backwards for these families; however, when the end result is not what they wanted, the parents choose to malign the school publicly in forums like these. The example this sort of teacher-bashing sets for children is unhealthy and honestly, I don't think these families will be happy anywhere. My kids are all over the board when it comes to grades, student-teacher interaction and conduct issues. This school will nurture--not baby your child and there are opportunities for academic and personal growth far beyond what is available in other schools in our area. I am proud my kids are at St. Ann and they are happy to be there.

Posted February 20, 2013
I wish I could rate it with 0 stars. This school is horrible. It is biased and based on favoritism. The principal and teachers always seem to find clever ways to collect money from students. On day it is two dollars, the next it's five. They claim to have God with them, but God isn't in their hearts. All this school cares about is money!!!

Posted February 07, 2013
the parents who have put low stars to rate these catholic schools I completely understand My child goes to st. andrews its the same thing. favoritism, blackballing children....it starts from the principals if they feel the child don't fit in their schools they find all the reasons to kick them out or lets say make you feel unwanted in their school. its HORRIBLE what we pay these schools for the teachers to be always complaining. do your jobs if you are certified oh yes thats right in Catholic schools YOU DONT HAVE TO BE A CERTIFIED TEACHER. problem #1.

Posted August 07, 2012
I chose St. Ann s for my daughters in order to provide them with access to the best possible education in the area. I am pleased to say that St. Ann s has far exceeded my expectations. They have a great curriculum that has provides a rigorous education. They also offer a wide selection of extra-curricular activities, designed to engage and improve social development.

Posted May 22, 2012
My children have been at St. Ann school for 7 years now and I have older nephews who are about to graduate on to high school. I have nothing but positive feelings for the school. With each grade my children have thrived and if/when they had trouble, assistance was offered to help them improve. I have enjoyed each teacher for different reasons; some being stricter, some more nurturing. I have continued to tell my children that in their educational career they may not like each teacher for the same reasons and I feel that this prepares them for the real world as they won't like each boss or coworker. I know my daughter is looking forward to middle school at St. Ann as the children become more independent and are challenged with real world situations. Overall I think the teachers, principal, and staff at St.Ann School are a dedicated, knowledgeable, and persevering group of individuals who truly care about the children they teach. I think St. Ann School has wonderful diverse group of students who care for each other and the world around them.

St Ann School