Bridgeport, CT
Before care: Yes

Posted January 05, 2014
I feel it is absolutely necessary to put some of the negative reviews by parents below in perspective. St. Ann School is a small, diverse, academically challenging and thriving school. Over the past few years, we have had a couple of families (all close friends and/or relatives) who have had issues with their children at school. Some of the issues are related to poor grades, some about behavioral problems at school, some because there is "too much homework" and some simply because teachers won't go along with the parent's demands. St. Ann school has bent over backwards for these families; however, when the end result is not what they wanted, the parents choose to malign the school publicly in forums like these. The example this sort of teacher-bashing sets for children is unhealthy and honestly, I don't think these families will be happy anywhere. My kids are all over the board when it comes to grades, student-teacher interaction and conduct issues. This school will nurture--not baby your child and there are opportunities for academic and personal growth far beyond what is available in other schools in our area. I am proud my kids are at St. Ann and they are happy to be there.

Posted February 20, 2013
I wish I could rate it with 0 stars. This school is horrible. It is biased and based on favoritism. The principal and teachers always seem to find clever ways to collect money from students. On day it is two dollars, the next it's five. They claim to have God with them, but God isn't in their hearts. All this school cares about is money!!!

Posted February 07, 2013
the parents who have put low stars to rate these catholic schools I completely understand My child goes to st. andrews its the same thing. favoritism, blackballing children....it starts from the principals if they feel the child don't fit in their schools they find all the reasons to kick them out or lets say make you feel unwanted in their school. its HORRIBLE what we pay these schools for the teachers to be always complaining. do your jobs if you are certified oh yes thats right in Catholic schools YOU DONT HAVE TO BE A CERTIFIED TEACHER. problem #1.

Posted August 07, 2012
I chose St. Ann s for my daughters in order to provide them with access to the best possible education in the area. I am pleased to say that St. Ann s has far exceeded my expectations. They have a great curriculum that has provides a rigorous education. They also offer a wide selection of extra-curricular activities, designed to engage and improve social development.

Posted May 22, 2012
My children have been at St. Ann school for 7 years now and I have older nephews who are about to graduate on to high school. I have nothing but positive feelings for the school. With each grade my children have thrived and if/when they had trouble, assistance was offered to help them improve. I have enjoyed each teacher for different reasons; some being stricter, some more nurturing. I have continued to tell my children that in their educational career they may not like each teacher for the same reasons and I feel that this prepares them for the real world as they won't like each boss or coworker. I know my daughter is looking forward to middle school at St. Ann as the children become more independent and are challenged with real world situations. Overall I think the teachers, principal, and staff at St.Ann School are a dedicated, knowledgeable, and persevering group of individuals who truly care about the children they teach. I think St. Ann School has wonderful diverse group of students who care for each other and the world around them.

St Ann School 2

Posted May 04, 2012
The quality of teachers is too inconsistent. Some are very good and some are terrible. Parents are involved and supportive but still get chastized for talking to each other and having "parking lot" conversations. There are not enough fun and interesting projects to address the needs of all learners, and subjects like science are not innovative or challenging. The school could be great and some things are good, but all too often we hear a lot of lip service and see no improvement when big issues arise.

St Ann School 3

Posted April 22, 2012
I had to weigh in after this last review! I have been a parent at this school for a long time. These reviews are NOT FABRICATED! If you will note the positive reviews are mainly for the primary grades , kindergarten, pre-k, etc where the faculty has been there a long time. Those teachers are wonderful, The problems start at the about 5th grade and up, ask a number of parents and you will find out. If your child is having problems, the school is not interested in your child, they would rather you leave. This school can be a very negative place and favoritism runs rampant. I stayed because I had no choice as we all know about the educational problems in Bridgeport

Posted April 21, 2012
I find some of these negative comments to be extremely fabricated. I have 2 children at St Ann School. One child is in the PK3 program and the other is in Kindergarten. I am extremely pleased by their educational achievement and growth. Also, I pulled my youngest child from a "quality" day care setting because I felt the day care would have hindered his/her learning potential. The teachers in the PK3 program at St Ann's are far more superior than what you would find within a "quality" day care program. As a result, my child has advanced greatly and is ready for PK4 at St Ann School next year. Furthermore, the PK4 teacher is just as wonderful. In addition, my other child in Kindergarten transferred from a PK4 program that was run at a "quality" day care. I originally thought the PK4 was adequate. I realized after his/her screening test into Kindergarten at St Ann's that he was missing some basic skill sets. My child has flourished greatly at St Ann's. The Kindergarten teacher is just as lovely and greatly cares about the students.

Posted March 08, 2012
This is my child's first year at St. Ann. The pre-K4 program has been wonderful. The teacher is always available and looking for new and helpful ways to encourage and direct the children in a positive manner. Overall the school has a very energetic, positive and embracing community. The principal is very successful at trying to engage students as well as families. Our experience has been very positive.

Posted February 23, 2012
BEWARE, favoritism and injustice are practiced here, you will be blamed for staff shortcomings, the principal acts as if this is her own personal kingdom, staff turnaround is high because of conflict between administration and teachers. If your child does not become a stepford student you WILL have problems; coverup and denial is the method in which complaints are addressed, once you voice a concern you will be on the receiving end of retaliation...welcome to ST ANN School

St Ann School