Bridgeport, CT

Classical Studies Academy 2

Posted August 02, 2014
This school needs help academically. There aren't enough classes and activities. You stay in one class for the whole day only for specials such as gym or art. We are not learning another language such as spanish. I got to seventh grade there about to leave that school and go to eighth in a different school hopefully High Horizon. I wish this school had more classes and extra curricular activities. I also wish they had their own after school programs. The teachers are great though. The principal Is not the best. The bad thing here is that the parents are forced to do hours or else their child will be kicked out. This school also needs new furniture because what they have is beated up and old. The school is small with 2 floors. All the classrooms are tiny and they don't have a gym there. They use the auditorium as a gym which is also small. Don't send your child there. I wasted a year of my life there. They are below level.

Classical Studies Academy 5

Posted June 11, 2014
As of the 2014-2015 school year this school will be k-12 and it will be Classical Studies Magnet Academy. I am really hoping it will become interdistrict. This school improves every year. If only it had more funding like the other interdistrict schools. This has potential to be the best school in this city. -a proud parent

Posted April 14, 2010

Posted October 03, 2009
I love the passion and committment displayed by the teachers and administrators which spills over into the students. The children look forward to going to school everyday where they can thrive in an environment condusive to learning. They are friendly and motivated.

Classical Studies Academy 5

Posted August 28, 2009
proud parent of a student in this wonderful accademy

Posted July 21, 2009

Classical Studies Academy 4

Posted May 29, 2009
As to the post of 27 May, I find the comment [quote]: 'With all due respect, not many people have that 'Common Sense of Judgement' ' disturbing. In my years' of experience at CSA, I've found the parents and their asssisting family & friends to be decent people who handle the children with proper care and judgement. Although we'll never all agree all the time, I've never beleived my children to be anything less than safe, comfortable and happy. I'm also completely confident in the staff's ability to handle any issues that may arise when dealing with the CSA family. I've had 4 children to go through those doors and it has, overall, been a positive experience I would recommend to anyone.

Posted May 27, 2009
Overall I have to say CSA is a good school. What I do not like is the easy access people have to volunteer for others. During one of the meetings I attended a question was asked as to who can volunteer and the answer was 'any one'. The CSA leaves it up to the parents to send in volunteers to get the 40 hours needed. The principal states that 'its up to the parent to use their common sense of judgment to send the appropriate volunteers in the school'. With all do respect, not many people have that 'Common Sense of Judgement' and I personally do not want my child exposed the someone's 'pick of the month' to volunteer without a background check. CSA should seriously consider looking into VIRTUS training. This will give each parent the knowledge of how predators think and how to make CSA a safer place.

Posted April 21, 2009
I give 100 0/0 percent for this academy. My Oldest son goes to 4th grade there and i can't complaint about any thing. Also my secound son will be also attending to this academy becasue they are the best out in the bridgeport distric.

Posted February 17, 2009
Classical Studies Academy is a warm schhol that promotes parent involvement by requiring 40 hours of parent volunteer hours per family. The new principal is starting to make changes that will ultimately benefit the students as well as the teachers. She seems to be strong in instructional leadership and strives to spend more time in the classroom with students and teachers. Classiscal Studies Academy is moving towards being a school of excellence.

Classical Studies Academy
240 Linwood Ave, Bridgeport, CT  06604
Last modified Classical Studies Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Classical Studies Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top