Posted August 17, 2014
Read school has it's good and bad. But I must say that the good does out weigh the bad. My son had attended the school since 1st grade and is now attending 7th grade. Behavior starts in the home and parents have all to do with the how children respect and value morals , that's if of course if it is taught at home. Parents thinks that it's the teachers who fail the child when in fact it's the failure of the parents. Educate yourselves people and maybe we can have a better tomorrow through the children we raise.

Read School 3

Posted October 02, 2011
Not happy with the coordination the school has for the kids. Not a organized facility. Alot of ghetto people

Read School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
It's great. The teachers really care about the kids' long term goals (learning) and the students are learning and preparing for their future

Read School 5

Posted May 15, 2008
Great school. Staff does excellent job. Oldest child graduated from Read. Youngest child has excelled academically for seven years. School safety is excellet, children know security and police officers names and the they know the names of every child, as well as there parents. Sybill Allen, Asst. Prinicpal is a great leader for staff and children. I have an open door policy with teachers as well as them with me. Great neighborhood school, just like the old days.

Read School 2

Posted January 10, 2008
As a parent of a former student I felt as though there was nothing I could do to help my child with taking the statewide exams. I also feel as though the school system teaches the test instead of teaching normal academics. Overall a student should not be expected to be tested on something thats not taught .

Posted July 05, 2005
I have a child who attends Read Elementary. The teachers are great and work very hard with the children. I find that the students are not disciplined and need more guidance from the staff. Mrs. Allen is an excellent Principal, though not given enough credit. The school lacks sufficient parent involvement, which would be a great improvement for the school if we all pulled together. There should also be more extra-curricular activities and programs for the children. The schools in Bridgeport are rated poorly and we can only change this by pulling together as a community and demand improvement. We pay very high taxes and should feel that our money is well spent. Let's request that our children be challenged to meet academic standards and provide these students with teachers who care. Let us appreciate the teachers and demand that the Board of Ed. does too.

Posted May 05, 2005

Read School
130 Ezra St, Bridgeport, CT  06606
Last modified Read School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Read School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top