Bridgeport, CT

Posted March 01, 2012
A school with amazing teachers both strict and nice but will teach the students discipline. It's new and include the grades pre k- 8. Funradiers for their students are included. I have two kids in this school and they are doing great, with straight A's and the other have excellent focus. I am impresses

Posted January 29, 2011
When we move from Puerto Rico to Bridgeport, CT. I attend this schoolo back in 1963-66. The teachers were great. They did their best to teach my brother, sister and me to learn english. I love this school and all their staff. We had great moments and I will never forget this school. Sincerely, Juan B. Torres, from Camuy, Puerto Rico.

Posted April 14, 2010
I have two children in this school. I have to say the teacher's are great and show sincere concern for the kids. One of my kids is in Pre-K with Ms. Dobbins and Ms. Reyes and they are excellent teachers. My other child is with Ms. Dias, who has been very supportive since day one and is great witht he kids. I also have to mention Ms. Lee (1st grade), because she's is an amazing teacher! And I'm pretty positive that I will continue meeting good teachers. Ms. De Bernard is a great principal who cares about all of her students and believe it or not, she knows most of the students by the name!! She's very involve and supportive with the students and parents. I just love this school and I'm glad my kids attend Waltersville. Arelis M.

Posted November 28, 2009
I am a student at waltersville school at the new building and it is a grate year since 4 grade but the parents have coming more and more meeting to improve the CMTs

Posted August 03, 2008
Im very please with the school I have two of my kids attending the school the teachers and all the staff that work in the school really works with the kids and make sure the on track with academics. Dr. D the principal is excellent .

Posted May 04, 2006
My son has attended this school since Kindergarten. The teachers are great. They really care about the children and they care for them as if they were their own. Dr. D is a great principle who is stern with the children when they are out of line, and she praises them when they do a good job. This is my son's last year and it is too bad the school doesnt go up to the 8th grade.

Waltersville School 1

Posted October 03, 2003
The school is a health hazard.

Posted August 10, 2003
I have two children at Waltersville School. My oldest one started at Waltersville in first grade, she is in fourth grade now. My second child started in Pre-K, he is going to first grade. Overall, I am very pleased with the education they have been receiving. The teachers are very attentive and show a sincere concern for the children. The principal, Dr. de Bernard, knows every child by name and takes her time to provides for the students well being when necessary. I will like to see more parent involvement (not that the school do not provide the opportunities, is just that some parent show little concern), I really believe that this will bring CMT scores even higher. Our kids need to know that us, as parents, really care!

Waltersville School
95 Gilmore St, Bridgeport, CT  06608
Last modified Waltersville School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waltersville School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top