Posted July 22, 2013
AFBA is an excellent school. The staff and teachers wants your child to succeed, in order for this to work the scholars and parents really have to cooperated or the system will fail on them. If a child is having problems with a subject there is Saturday academy to tutor the scholar. AFBA teach at high school and community college level, so this school might not be for every parent and child, but if you are committed to their program it can be rewarding. They have tutoring to prep the top scholars to get in to CTY which is a search for talented youth. Once your child is in 8th grade, they help the scholars to get in to some of the top high schools, the top ranking students get prep to take the SSAT so they can get into a private high school.

Achievement First Bridgeport Academy 1

Posted January 21, 2013
is this school a good school?... i mean is this school like always having fights in there and bullies and the students are just horrible?.. or is it the opposite?

Posted August 31, 2012
AFBA middle and elementary schools are great. My middle school child has been here for the past 3 years and love it at first she had to adjust but, now she's doing very well here reading level is awesome. My youngest scholar just started kindergarten and is learning so much she reading well and it's only been 3 weeks. I love this school the principals and teachers show they really care .Thank You

Posted June 05, 2012
I can't say enough about this school, and the quality of education my son is recieving. The principal and teachers are amazing. It is a callenge for the parents too because they do expect a lot from the kids, but once they fall into line, they get it and enjoy the rewards! It is a wonderful school. I see my nieces who are in the same grade in Fairfield schools, and I think my child is learning more and is in a better enviroment then they are. When you walk into the school you feel that the teachers really want to be there. It is an amazing enviroment. My son is doing great and his reading level is up. I love this school!

Achievement First Bridgeport Academy 3

Posted January 27, 2011
Achievement First Bridgeport Academy is a type of school that can teach you alot but once your child reaches the 6th grade in that school they start to not care much about their rades they have a lot of bad influences in that school....

Posted April 14, 2010
At Achievement First Bridgeport Academy, scholars, such as I, are prepared to climb the mountain to college. Starting with the 2010 - 2011 school year, AFBA will be educating students grades 5-8. Bridgeport Academy is an excellent school. The teachers and staff are energetic, encouraging, and eager to teach. They all sincerely care about the scholars, and want them to learn. Being a 7th grade 'junior,' I am able to truly say that the scholars at our school are very close. Yes, there are a few arguments every once in while, but that can be expected from any team and family, which is what we, everyone at AFBA, consider ourselves to be. If your child has the honorable opportunity to be enrolled into this school, you should absolutely accept without a single hesitation, for I guarantee that Achievement First Bridgeport Academy will work wonders with your child.

Posted March 29, 2010

Achievement First Bridgeport Academy 0

Posted February 11, 2010
This school is the best. My son was having a lot of problems in the last three years. Since he started Achievement First my son is no longer have behavioral or academic problems. The faculty is the best, my son is now an all Star student.

Posted January 27, 2010
my son is a fifth grader,i have to say the teachers and all other staff are doing a great job, they show they care about the students. teachers teaches and make sure the kids understand.my son said the teachers are always there for them.thank you achievement first---bridgeport

Achievement First Bridgeport Academy
365 East Washington Ave, Bridgeport, CT  06608
Last modified Achievement First Bridgeport Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-1, 5-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Achievement First Bridgeport Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.