Bristol, CT

Posted November 02, 2012
St. Anthony Schools provides a quality Catholic education that prepares students in the 21st century. Daily instruction utilizes Smartboard and iPad technology. Excellence in education is the standard for all students and achievement is proved by our members in the National Jr. Honor Society. SAS has a highly respected administration and well qualified, CT certified faculty. Parents and teachers work as partners to be sure each child succeeds. Students participate in basketball and soccer teams, youth choir, Student Council, Boy and Girl Scouts, as well as community service. St. Anthony has been voted the Best Catholic School in Bristol.

Posted April 07, 2011
My oldest children are thriving in college and my son recently excelled on an entrance exam into high school. The teachers, administration and other staff are caring individuals who take time to work with students. The school is a community of friends. The use of smart board technology is a great plus! The middle school offers soccer and basketball programs. There are numerous clubs : ski club, scrabble club, student council, choir, band, sneaker club, etc.. There is cheerleading program for all grades 1 - 8. The middle school has a science program that includes a coral tank and trout lab. They have school concerts and band concerts. Your children can continue with your faith education and receive their sacraments. There are many family and school events- Welcome back picnic, Lake Compounce day, Rock Cats games, Family Bingo, Pasta Suppers, Charitable kids day, sports day, red carpet day, Coko key water resort day, etc.. You can get involved in so many aspects of your child's school. There are true family events where there is no pressure to buy anything - just enjoy yourself and have a good time with your child and their friends

Posted January 20, 2010
St. Anthony School has exceeded our expectations in every way. Small class size rivals the most expensive private schools at a fraction of the cost. My children are getting an outstanding education and enjoying every minute!

Posted October 16, 2009
We love this school. Our son has gone here for the past two years and I can't say enough about them. Small classes and a sense of community are two of the things that really help this school stand out!

St Anthony School 1

Posted January 23, 2009

Posted April 30, 2008
I attened this school from Pre K to 8th grade and I am a proud graduate. Both of my children currenlty attend. They both started in Kindergarten. My oldest will be graduating next year. The new administration and the highly qualified teachers really make this school shine. The teachers take the time and even their own time to make sure each child is getting what they need. They are always available to parents in a pinch are always willing to handle all situations. The new principal is all about education and has brought many new ideas to the school and was able to get 'Smart Boards' installed in the classrooms. This is an interactive learning technique that has brought the classroom alive. My younger child really enjoys the science lessons and seeing how atoms really work. The school is growing and will be with you for the next 100 years.

Posted April 30, 2008
St. Anthony's School has undergone many changes over the years. They have strived to provide our children with a qonderful education and currently exceed the archdiocis guidelines and teaching levels. I have two children in the school and this past year my oldest was accepted into John Hopkins University Distant Learning program for Math. I accredit this to the education that she has received at St. Anthony's School.

Posted April 30, 2008
I would like to answer the 12/3 post that teaching levels are below set level, this is completely false. Our teachers surpass the levels and our students test scores are high. We recently acquired SMART board technology and are the only school (public or private) in Bristol to have this cutting edge technology. We are extremely happy with the school, teachers/staff and family atmosphere at the school.

St Anthony School 0

Posted April 30, 2008
The best decision I ever made was to send my children to St. Anthony School. They teach the children to know, love and serve God while challenging them academically. As for the comment made earlier by the parent who said they took their children out because the school is 'way below teaching levels set by archdioses' - absolutely no way, no how! We are always referring to our standards and are always performing at or above what is required! The archdiocese would NEVER let a school fall under these levels - so, don't know what you are talking about, but very sad to have that kind of rumor out there...I thought we were all Christians!

Posted April 30, 2008
I have one child in 8th grade, an one who graduated from SAS in 2005. Both of my children are excelling in all areas, and I believe that it is because of the excellent foundation that they received at Saint Anthony. It is a truly wonderful place to learn! The faculty and staff are great, and the parent involvement is strong.

St Anthony School