Bad
Good

Brookfield High School 1

Posted December 14, 2015
If your child is on a sports team then this school will be a place for him or her. The place is an adolescent sideshow of who's the coolest and most popular. Discipline is a constant and the administrators are busy looking busy but ineffective in solving problems. The district is fraught with scandal. The superintendent was put on leave and the business manager resigned and has been indicted on stealing 400k in public funds as we search to replace the bum who was ousted. We still pay him by the way. The HS principal left with an acting principal now in charge. A good guy but in over his head relying on TWO asst. principals to guide him. These two are part of the problem and not the solution. We're short on money with the drumbeat always being higher taxes. When cuts are discussed the holier-than thou would never dare to think of eliminating anything at the top. Teachers are 50/50. The teaching of the social nonsense instead of ABC s and 123 s is typical. Common Core standards are being implemented so it will only get worse. We came to Brookfield namely for the schools that we thought would educate our kids in a safe and challenging environment. The place has been a colossal disappointment to say the least.

Brookfield High School 5

Posted March 21, 2015
Parent of three children in this district. All three are thriving and excelling. We have had a very good experience with the majority of the teaching staff. They are enthusiastic, supportive, have contacted us immediately with the little issues my children have had as students. My children have been attending this School district since K and have liked each school better than the last. WMS has an wonderful principal and has been recognized as being a top middle school. Hated my own middle school experience in another district -my children have had nothing negative to say. My oldest is a Freshman at the HS-my husband and I were very impressed with each of her teachers at open house-she is very motivated to succeed and has been succeeding inspite of some large classes-30 students in her honors Geometry :( My middle school students are in classes ranging from 25-30. This school district is getting a wonderful value for it's dollar. I believe it ranks about 130 in per pupil spending in CT out of about 160 and consistently earns top scores,accolades for it's schools. I fear that the talented staff will seek opportunities elsewhere because of the lack of support from the BOF.

Brookfield High School 5

Posted February 07, 2014
We love our school and staff. This school really works hard to keep students and parents updated. The school really cares about our kids and if helps them succeed. LOVE OUR SCHOOL our principal is the best!!!

Brookfield High School 2

Posted January 07, 2011
I graduated in 2008 and Brookfield was average. Some very poor teachers esp. in the History department, the only good one is gone Mrs. Abraham. The AP classes hardly ever ran but if you succeed you can get into some good colleges. Overall nothing great just average.

Brookfield High School 2

Posted December 13, 2010
I am very disappointed that a fine teacher like Mr Woolkind is being forced into retirement because of asking a student if he ate his homework. What is wrong with asking why the student did not do his homework? Is that not his responsiblity as an educator? My sons all admired and liked Mrl Woolkind when they were in school many years ago. For shame! Punish the student not the teacher if you want to have role models graduate from this school.

Brookfield High School 3

Posted January 30, 2010
As a Senior who has already been accepted to college and plans to attend a 4 year university my experience was average. Some good teachers, yet some very bad. The administration is a joke and will give students and parents a hard time over behavior matters. However the new Vice Principal is a great guy and is trying to change the school. The education value is average. Brookfield has had some students attend IVY league schools. The only bad thing I would say about the education is there are teachers who play the favorite game and will favor others. Unfortunately the language department is TERRIBLE and a majority of the school doesn't like it. The kids that attend are no different then who you'd find at any suburban high school. It's safe. Overall-medicore but you CAN succeed here.Colleges like our school so that's a plus!

Brookfield High School