The Cheshire Academy 3

Posted October 29, 2014
My son spent freshman through junior year at Cheshire and had an excellent academic experience. His teachers were top quality. However, I feel that Cheshire did not supervise my son, who was a boarder, adequately, nor did they contact me when there were behavior incidents that I feel warranted parent notification. I hated to do it but I withdrew him at the end of Junior year so I could be certain he was being supervised and disciplined accordingly. To add insult to injury they basically made me feel like I had to beg to get them to complete the school report for colleges and recommendations in October of his senior year. The college counselor was condescending, abrupt, and unprofessional. She said she would complete the form if she absolutely HAD to do it but would write he WITHDREW (well, that's going to be obvious with transcripts from two different schools, and it sounded threatening). I guess if you're not paying, you're going to have to work hard to get them to do anything for you. Then when I talked with the Head of School, he tried to convince me that I had misunderstood the tone of the conversation. Unbelievable. I think I don't really want them to do that report after all.

Posted February 09, 2012
I am a product of a tiger mom. I have always had excellent grades, but was always made to feel that I wasn't good enough. Because if I received 98% on an exam, harsh criticism for missing the 2% followed. Cheshire's warm faculty helped me gain self-confidence and be happy while excelling academically. Sure, there are higher ranked schools in the area and my mom was not happy that I chose to go to Cheshire instead of Choate or Loomis, but the quality of education I received at Cheshire was top notch. It did well on my college placement and supported my personal decision to attend Wesleyan --where I knew I would receive excellent education and would be happy as opposed to bending to my mom's will of sending me to any Ivy League school I got into. When I got to Wesleyan, I realized Cheshire had done an excellent job preparing me for the rigorous college academics. I adjusted to the college life with ease. My dorm parents and teachers at Cheshire were so supportive and available. Their doors were always wide open whenever I had questions or needed a shoulder to cry on. I recommend Cheshire for anyone who wants a warm and supportive community of really smart and dedicated teachers.

Posted January 24, 2012
I have been at Cheshire Academy for 6 years. I went to middle school here and this is where i grew up. I have grown tremendously as a person. I came to this school shy, now i will be leaving next year courageous. I have had a great time at this school. The best part about Cheshire Academy is the people. The teachers are the nicest and most helpful teachers a kid can have. The students are also very friendly. The first day i got here i was pleasantly surprised that i did not have trouble fitting in. This is the feeling that most people have when coming here. Cheshire Academy is a great school.

Posted December 26, 2011
My daughter is a senior at Cheshire Academy and we hope my son will be entering as a freshman> This has been a wonderful choice for her. The faculty has been excellent and she excelled in her studies as well as sports and other EC activities. Our comparitve reference was the experience of my oldest daughter at Choate class 2008;While she also did extremely well in academics and in varsity athletics it was a grueling process and I am not sure that the final product was any better than she would have done at Cheshire (and she probably would have had a more enjoyable high school experience. ) Cheshire is worth a visit

The Cheshire Academy 4

Posted December 07, 2011
I am a student currently attending the Academy. I love this school; yes, it is mainly centered on athletics when compared to the arts, but being in several plays and classes I know that they are just as wonderful. Come here and tour, and you'll see why most students come!

The Cheshire Academy 1

Posted November 01, 2010
Cheshire Academy is a school lost in its own bliss. It's restraints and restrictions it has put in place has my child feeling like he is fighting the community at large not being part of it. most private schools work for goals and values and have chosen a direction in witch they want their school to pursue. however cheshire academy has no idea in the slightest what they truly are striving to be as a community. It is Truly a random assortment of faculty wife's and husbands with good intentions however no were near the tools or skills to be productive and have a happy vibrant campus life.

Posted August 11, 2010
My son just graduated from Cheshire Academy after spending three years at the school. He was part of the Roxbury Program for all three years. While Roxbury can be expensive, I found the program did wonders for my son. He started his Sophomore year with barely passing grades and finished up as a solid B+ studuent with great SAT's scores and a host of college choices. He loved the experience and I feel he is ready for the college challenge.

Posted July 10, 2009
I recently graduated from Cheshire Academy, and I can confidently say that attending Cheshire Academy was one of the best decisions that I have ever made. It is a caring and diverse community of individuals that truly care about one another and about their futures. The faculty are incredibly dedicated and really get to know the students. Cheshire Academy really is a close-knit family and a perfect match for a variety of students.

Posted December 10, 2008

The Cheshire Academy 4

Posted October 27, 2008
My child is having a great experience at Cheshire. The classes are small and teachers are helpful. The curriculum is challenging but not overwhelming. The school understands and accepts students with learning differences. The Roxbury Center is excellent.

The Cheshire Academy