Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Majority of them should go back to school and get trained for "Common Core Standard".

Really bad teachers and staff!! specially 6th grade teacher are really mean! I am glad my kid is done this year!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Because they encourage bullies! Even the office, teachers and a few staffs are very mean!

My daughter just had a wonderful year. Mrs Otis is a gem of a teacher. My oldest just left highland and I can honestly say, each year she had a perfect teacher for her personality. She excelled each year, straight A's - caring teachers who were always accessible . We were sad to see the year end. Looking forward to 5th!

Had a horrible year at this school. A 4th grade teacher did everything to put my child down, label her with nonsense and also fabricated records for her. she is the sloppiest, most unethical teacher ever. she just wanted us to go away and to not be involved in my child's education! she underscored my child thought out the year and had no explanation on why she graded my child that way. she was just discriminating against my child. she should not be dealing with kids at all.

We are having a 5th fabulous year at Highland. The minor issues I have had in the past have been taken care of immediately and followed up upon by the principal. Each and every teacher we have had have been truly wonderful, looking forward to a few more years now that my youngest will enter highland next year. I feel it's the best school in the district, hands down.

Highland for special needs children is an amazing school. Our child has made more advancements here in 2 years than his entire 9 year life. I would highly recommend it to any special needs parents.

I think is over rated. # of my children went to highland and were struggling. The teachers that my kids for most of the grades were not very helpful. Some were even annoyed that they were struggling. Some teachers made my kids feel very uncomfortable. They did poorly on their CMTs. We moved to another town and switched schools. My kids were immediately taking in by these teachers in the hamden school system. All of the teachers so far havebeen nuturing and very caring and interested in my childrens growth and knowledge. There CMT scores have risen to average and above average. 2 of my kids are straight A's and on levels 7 and 9. I couldn't ask for more. I do wish they recieved the help early on while in Highland but I am thankful thatthey are doingas well as they are.

Last modified Highland School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.