Bad
Good

Great school. True, teachers may be variable but that's true in any school, and class size is about 19 to 20 kids per class. Our child has a great 1st graded teacher and curriculum is great. Challenging but achievable. School is locked and secure, program is great, public transportation is safe.

It depends on who is your child's teacher. We once had a very nice young teacher. She is so good that I can see all the positive influence she has made on my child. My child came home happy and talked about what she learned from the teacher and wrote to the teacher during summer vacation. The next year, we got a very ill-tempered one that my very well behaved child said was scared to talk to the teacher even when having questions. And one day my child came home excited telling me now she could ask questions because they got a cadet teacher which seems nicer. How heartbreakingly happy a parent must be to hear that! I was pretty much counting the days to be over so that we could move out of the class soon enough... Although it depends on the teacher you get, why do a school or a district keep such bad teachers anyway?

Terrible. I hate to be brusque, but I really did hate this school. There were times when I would cry nearly every night. Part of it was a social issue, partly teachers. The school seems to overreact on the tiniest of issues, in my opinion. Once I entered Dodd, I became acquainted with kids from all different schools. It seems that the consensus was that Doolittle was the best of all Cheshire elementary schools. The fifth grade has lockers, the sixth grade mingles classes, and schools begins/ends earlier. The Doolittle kids seem to have higher self esteem and are more at ease with who they are. This school may be a good fit for your child, but it seemed to me everyone hated it. Please do not be offended; I am simply expressing my opinion.

This is a fantastic school. The teachers are so dedicated to their students. The children are treated with such care and warmth. We love it here at Norton.

This is a small, wonderful school with terrific teachers. I can't say enough about how gifted the staff is. These are exellent teachers who really know what they're doing. We're so glad we moved here.

Norton offers a great education and communication system with parents and children. A strong PTA exists that coordinates well with the school for the children's benefit. The diversity of student population approx 5-6%. Staff is less than that.

Last modified Norton School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.