Posted September 16, 2013
My ADD son is in the 5th grade and is in SPED for reading and writing. The staff he works with is amazing and I have seen him blossom under their guidance. As a former student of the Clinton School System and the LD/Resource program, I am impressed with the changes that have occurred over the years.

Abraham Pierson School 1

Posted August 20, 2013
If there were a different administrator, I would be much happier. She seems to pander to parents and pose like a politician with the students, but I get the distinct feeling that she doesn't truly care for the children all that much. If that is untrue, perhaps she should consider changing the image she portrays to parents. I also note that in some of the other comments left here, people have mentioned the strain on working parents. I find the same to be true. Events and meetings are not conducive to the working parents' schedule whatsoever.

Posted November 27, 2012
Overall we have been very pleased with the teaching, challenging curriculum and administration. Two of my three children have attended Pierson school. Parent involvement has always been encouraged by my children's teachers, whether it be to read to the class or sharing a career or a special hobby. I have also been impressed with the field trip selections over the last few years.....a walk from the school to the town beach where various learning stations are set up for the kids, a Clinton History hike, trips to the CT Historical Society and Florence Griswold Museum and even a boat trip to the Thimble Islands. One of the other things I adore about this school is the music/band program and those teachers' dedication and volunteerism. I have been very impressed with amazing student musical production that is put on in the spring. That was by far one of the most memorable exeriences my oldest son had while at the school. He truly loved all of his teachers.

Abraham Pierson School 1

Posted October 07, 2012
Does anyone have experience with how ADD kids are treated at Pierson? In the elementary school in Clitnon we had difficulty proving that my son's ADD affected his education. He was constantly bribed with toys to pass standardized test thus "proving" his ADD did not affect his learning. We relocated from Clinton in order to get his education plan figured out, but have kept our Clinton home in hopes to move back.Within 2 weeks at the new school our son had an Indiviidual Education plan and is more productive, and happy, than he has been in the last 2 years in Clinton. He misses Clinton.We do love the small community in Clinton though and think growing up in a small town has its benefits too. He is also learning strategies that might help him suceed in Clinton in the end. We want to know if this school has a positive atmosphere or are there many "old school" teachers. Does administration support "old school" sytes of teaching that are not found in high quality schools? I can assure you that the "old school" mentality is not supported by all administrations. Our new school was surprised at some of what we explained went on in regards to the strategies used for our child with ADD.

Posted May 30, 2012
My daughter has had two wonderful years at Pierson school. The teachers are top notch and truly go above and beyond the call to educate the children of this community. The extracurricular activities allow children to try many different things. ie. chorus, theatre, invention convention, band, cultural celebrations and much more. I was also impressed with the fieldtrips teachers chose. Those I was able to chaperone were both educational and fun. My only disappointment is that the school is only for 4th-5th grade. I wish she could spend one more year amidst these great teachers.

Abraham Pierson School 4

Posted April 06, 2010
My children have had a good experience at Pierson. The teachers are caring. We've had a very experienced Integrated Day teacher, and she was still enthusiastic and caring despite her long years of teaching. This year we have a very young teacher, but she is incredibly vibrant and has done a fantastic job this year. I'm not terribly thrilled with the administration, but on the other hand we haven't had a real problem either.

Posted September 19, 2008
My child started Pierson last year and he just loves it. The teacher found that he was a little behind the rest of the class and took time out from their busy schedule ie; lunch time and helped my child catch up. I find it heartwarming to know that there are teachers out there willing to do that on their own time. Excellent job to this school staff.

Abraham Pierson School
75 East Main St, Clinton, CT  06413
Last modified Abraham Pierson School is a Public school that serves grades 4-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Abraham Pierson School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.