Colchester, CT

Posted June 30, 2010
the quality of the teachers and staff at bacon academy is evident in the quality of the graduates they produce. students are cared for, challenged and motivated. i wish i could have gone to school there.

Bacon Academy 1

Posted April 20, 2010

Posted May 05, 2009
When I saw a GS rating of 6 for Bacon, I was shocked! As an alumni, I cherished Bacon while I attended and thought there was no better group of faculty at any other school. Activities and sports were plentiful, enthusiasm and encouragement were pinnacle, and everyone was treated fairly. The friendly atmosphere and caring teachers made Bacon a place you wanted to return to for years after graduation. In college, I was unable to find many other students who felt so passionate about their high schools. Based on test scores, it may deserve a 6 out of 10, but this school offers an environment and a learning experience that is not translated into their standardized test scores. Had I not gone to Bacon, I would not have been influenced, encouraged and shaped in any way close to resembling how I turned out. 10 out of 10.

Posted September 30, 2008
I am Bacon Academy alumni and thought it was a great school. I am currently an architect living in Boston, and it really all started because of drafting class at Bacon Academy with Mr. Petersen.

Bacon Academy 4

Posted September 22, 2008
Absolutely committed, talented teachers. Caring, hands-on, realistic, decisive school administrators. We have found excellent responsiveness from teachers and administrators to our concerns and/or desire for one-to-one communications. Only weak point is that the few times I've left messages for the guidance department, I've had to chase them down, as the counselors don't return calls (or the guidance secretaries don't leave messages)...not sure where the weak point is there.

Bacon Academy 0

Posted August 28, 2008
The faculty is great - The principal and vice principal are a remarkable team - this school really cares about each of the students attending.

Posted October 22, 2007
this school brings back so many wonderful storys when my kids get home. they have lots of activitys for the kids throughtout the year.

Posted October 11, 2007

Bacon Academy 4

Posted October 10, 2007
Bacon was an amazing school for my child and all of her friends. The staff was in touch with the children as individuals. The academics were rigorous and relevant. I feel that if a parent has an issue with this school it is most likely misplaced. Those people would be better served looking first at the quality of there children as academics and second at themselves for being the kind of individual who blames an institution for their childs failing performance. Bacon offer a wealth of enrichment opportunities. Unfortunately it is as it is with adults, some take advantage of opporunities other lament their passing and look to blame others. Don't mistake me for a BA groupie, the school is not perfect. However, it is at least much better than average and always trying to improve.

Bacon Academy 1

Posted August 08, 2007
This school terribly failed my child. We ended up finding an alternative school. Computer classes were a joke. Teachers were non-caring.

Bacon Academy
611 Norwich Ave, Colchester, CT  06415
Last modified Bacon Academy is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bacon Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top