Bad
Good

School is unavailable to help struggling students, instead labels them as trouble students. My child struggled in Language Arts, teacher refuses to help, has ripped up his papers in front of the class, sent him out into the hallways to cry by himself. I had to get pupil services involve. Teacher still works there and refuses to answer phone calls or emails, yet still grades him even though I requested my son be removed from her class. No accountability for teachers is spot on as I read in a previous post

Mediocre, the bar set pretty low, no accountability for teachers that I can see. Admin "yes-es a parent to death" when room for improvement is agreed upon, then nothing changes. Intra-school communication almost nonexistent. Hopefully new admin and guidance will change things. Not impressed.

Coventry schools are wonderful. It's the reason we moved to this town in the first place. My daughter has been in the system since first grade and is now in 6th grade. Every teacher she has had is a true professional. The principles have all been hands on. We feel she is getting a great education and mixing with a healthy group of kids.

My daughter has loved Coventry Public Schls since 1st Grade. She works hard & has many interesting projects. Plenty of after school activities are available too. I haven't heard of any drug use in the middle school whatsoever, or bullying either for that matter. If a student has good structure & values taught at home, then this carries over to the school environment. Many families have 2 working parents so balancing proper nutrition, sleep, discipline & appreciation for achievements is tough. I do wish there was more parental involvement but understand why this is so difficult. Employers are expecting more than ever from their employees. This being said, teachers at all 3 schools she has attended thus far have bn outstanding. If one is unhappy with the education his/her child is receiving, then rather than blame the faculty or school, it might be more productive to voice your opinion to the school board or principal & become more involved with the school itself. I find it amazing how much is accomplished by the teachers with limited funding. While there are school districts with much more money, Coventry's is rich in spirit, just as our namesake Capt. Nathan Hale was.

My child has had a smooth transition from 5th grade at G.H. Robertson to 6th grade at the middle school. I have been happy with the teachers and the leadership here. When we attended conferences, I felt like the teachers really knew my child (the good and the bad!) :) I have been surprised that there isn't more homework, but I'm not upset about that. He likes school and that is what matters most to me. I have not heard much about drug use there, but would recommend that anyone with concerns talk with the principal, who is very responsive! As a teacher myself, I believe that every school in CT is having to teach to the CMT's rather than teach what is important. That is frustrating! Greta job, Middle School staff!

This is a terriable school. Lots of bullying and drug use among students, yes, 6th 7th and 8th graders. There is too much time spent on memorizing standardized test concepts and the children are not properly being taught how to learn.

It has some really great teachers.

they do a great job of teaching our young people

I have been very pleased with Captain Nathan Hale Middle School. After attending the open house in September, I thought the staff was very thorough with their explainations of the curriculum. The teachers have been very open and easy to communicate with through emails. At first, I was unsure about the program at the middle school due to previous comments, however, there is much to offer at the middle school. It depends upon the child and whether he/she takes the role to become an involved individual within the school.

Last modified Capt. Nathan Hale School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.