PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I love St Greg's! It is a wonderful school. My wife and I are thrilled with the excellent academics and wonderful teachers, and our 2 children have great friends and love going to school in a safe and fun environment!

The classrooms are packed with 30 kids to a room. The teachers are often over whelmed and exhausted. There is a high focus on funding that is very intrusive. This is not a child centered learning environment. It is an institution trying to survive. My kids are bored and repeating work they did in public school. I do not recommend this school for any child that you want to see thrive. The teacher to student ratio is just too high.

I am very happy with the school. I have moved my children from public school to St. Greg's and like the academic rigor and student population much more than public school. They are now in a setting with children who come to school prepared and ready to learn. I had been very concerned with the huge ability differences among public school students and tired of hearing from my kids that they were bored. I was also tired of the lack of discipline in public school.

My children graduated from St Gregs and I still have children enrolled there. The education both academic and spiritual has helped them to develop into successful, mature responsible adults. Firm, caring teachers reinforced the life lessons taught in my home. They have been able to meet every life challenge head on because of the education they received at St. Gregory's. It continues to meet my expectations year in and year out.

The school is good for the early grades. After 4th grade the teachers are unmotivated and unorganized. My kids seem to be bored. My kids were fine during the first few years, but now it's going down hill. I don't recommend this school.

I have been in this school since preschool and the first few years were great, but now it's a dissapointment. The teachers yell too much and don't seem to be in a good mood , ever. It's the result of having too many kids in the class for one teacher. There are not programs that challenge the high honor kids. Seems the school is always asking for money. You can never give enough. I don't recommend this school.

I am an alumna of St. Gregory's and now my daughter attends. I may be partial to the school because of my ties, but I can say my daughter is receiving a fine education and learns between right and wrong and how to be a good citizen. While no school is perfect, the good outweighs the bad by far. It is true you have to volunteer and participant, but what better gift can you give your child! I will never forget the moms that did lunch duty or helped out at the school. That is what makes it so memorable. I would highly recommend this school.

My son has been attending St. Gregs since Kindergarden. The first few years were great but as he moved to the upper grades it has become an unpleasant experience. I cannot wait until next year when he can go to Broadview. The classes are too large and the teachers cannot handle all the kids. Additionally, unless you have a lot of money or can devote a lot of time volunteering at the school, you don't really matter. I wish I had my son go to public school. I would not recommend this school.

Last modified St Gregory The Great School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8