PK-3|Private

Bad
Good

Sacred Heart School 5

Posted April 01, 2007
Sacred Heart school was a God send. My child was in public school and was being 'pushed along' by the No child Left Behind moronic laws. She was not meeting the minimum requirements but wasn't bad enough to be left behind. After visiting several private schools in the area, we decided on Sacred Heart and I am very happy that we did. My child is thriving. The low teacher/student ratio helped tremendously and the merger between the 2 schools in Danbury now in progress will help build the children's social skills. I highly recommend Sacred Heart to all parents I meet!! Thank you Sacred Heart and Mrs. Mary McCormack!

Sacred Heart School 3

Posted June 20, 2006
My child just successfully completed the fourth grade at SHS. I am proud of the grades achieved-A, A- and B+s. However, as a resident of Danbury Connecticut, I remain skeptical of the level of education in this city. My child's achievement on the Iowa Tests do not match the curriculum achievements-that is a disappointment. When my child started kindergarten, Spanish was supposed to offered; it will not be offered until Fifth Grade; Art was not available for the entire past year; and Music is song singing. I supplement my child's education (tuition) with further private piano, dance lessons and a Summer Program at Wooster School. I'll be broke long before college! It gets to be very expensive-I wish I could afford to home school with a tutor!!

Sacred Heart School 3

Posted August 01, 2005
I personally found sacred heart too limiting and strict. I thought the teachers took the princepals guidelines and made them impossible. I dreaded going to school for the second half of the year because thats when it seemed the tachers were extra pushy and rough. I did NOT like going to sacred heart school.

Sacred Heart School