Posted January 11, 2012
Being educators my husband and I were not happy with the curriculum our son was receiving in public school. We moved our son from public school and it was the best decision we ever made! He is learning a great deal about science and social studies which he never received. Our son is so happy and he even asked us Why we didn't move him sooner? The teachers and staff are very caring and are always willing to communicate with the parents. Their dedication is fantastic. Our son loves the "clubs" that meet after school. It is a loving, caring and nuturing environment. Immanuel Lutheran is a school as well as a family.

Posted January 11, 2012
We moved our son from a public school where the sole focus was on reading to meet the state requirements. We have been thrilled with the teachers and the environment at Immanuel Lutheran. Not only is he receiving a great, well rounded education, it's happening in a nurturing and encouraging environment. Our daughter also went to preschool here and is now in Kindergarten here. Both of my children love going to school and it's been such a relief knowing they're going to such a wonderful school everyday. The teacher's go above and beyond and give each child the individual attention needed. My children love all of the clubs and events that the school has too.

Posted January 11, 2012
I have two children at Immanuel and could not be happier with the education they are receiving. Immanuel is known for strong academics but they also teach Christian values. This is the type of school where children hold the door open for one another, and for adults. When one of my boys came back to school after being out sick recently, an older student stopped him in the hall, asked how he was feeling and told him he was glad to see him back. The family environment is one of the huge benefits of a smaller school. The teachers are the school s best asset they are all smart, kind, and nurturing. There s not a bad one in the bunch.. While private schools are not required to hire degreed teachers, all of the teachers at Immanuel have degrees and many of them have master s degrees as well. The school has an active PTL that provides many fun social activities and educational assemblies. There is also a large number of after school clubs and activities. There is an excellent 30,000 volume library that the kids visit weekly. Instruction is held weekly in PE, art, music and Spanish. This is an excellent school.

Posted December 07, 2010
My children have been at Immanuel Lutheran School since they were 3 years old. One is now a Junior in High School and the other is in 7th grade. The school has excellent teachers that help the children to excel academically while teaching them good Christian values as well. The school also offers many specials like Spanish beginning in PK, music, art, and computers. They offer a wide variety of after school programs as well.

Immanuel Lutheran School 0

Posted February 27, 2010
Immanuel gives students the tools necessary to shape children into productive, well-adjusted, compassionate individuals. What my son's school does is offer ways to surround the children with actions and messages designed to strengthen character, build self-esteem and develop inner contentment. It takes more than a exceptional curriculum to allow any child or young teen to grow into a fully independent, capable and caring human being. It takes nurturing, compassion, and empathy for all areas of a child's life for them to be the best they can be. Parents are welcome to come in and share their stories, participate in the learning process, as well as voice their concerns and feelings whenever they need. Also at Immanuel they limit class size to that every student gets the attention they need to succeed. There are no over crowed classrooms thanks to the commitment of keeping the class size no more than 15 students.

Posted August 26, 2008
An outstanding parochial school choice in the Danbury area. I have two children in the school who have attended since Pre-K. Immanuel is a caring, nuturing environment. We have been extremely pleased over the last nine years.

Posted August 15, 2008
My two children attend Immanuel Lutheran School and we are absolutely thrilled with the education they are receiving. I am an educator and I know that their progress is above the average of the local public schools. The class sizes are small, enabling more student teacher time. The teachers are all highly qualified and kind and loving. It is an emotionally and educationally nurturing environment.

Posted February 13, 2006
We've been delighted with our son's progress at Immanuel Lutheran School, academically, spiritually and socially. His teachers have been extremely dedicated, and always respond quickly to parents' inquiries. As a kindergartner, he is reading extremely well, and has enrichment classes in Spanish, art and music. Immanuel Lutheran's new building on Clapboard Ridge is a great asset, and it's heartwarming to see how well the students throughout the school behave and treat each other with respect. We feel he's getting a wonderful Christian education, and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nurturing, academically challenging school for their children.

Posted July 25, 2005
My daughter has been attending Immanuel Lutheran School since she was three years old in preschool. After the first few weeks, I knew that I had made the right decision in choosing ILS. Not only for the academic excellence, dedicated teachers and spiritual guidance, but also for the strong sense of family displayed by seeing the older students being kind to the little ones, the principal knowing each child by name, the parents chatting in the halls. ILS is a place where my child can grow to her fullest potential and be well prepared for the future.

Immanuel Lutheran School 4

Posted August 21, 2004
Immanuel Lutheran School is an up and coming school for residents in the Greater Danbury area. Children thrive and excel at this small Christian school. The school is moving soon to a new location with modern facilities in a picturesque setting. The nurturing environment starts in the preschool classroom and guides children through grade eight, fostering independence. Foreign languages are introduced in the primary grades, affording students an edge over all the other schools in the area. Historically and consistently Immanuel Lutheran students score one, two and even three years ahead on standardized tests. The teachers and staff are dedicated professionals who demonstrate their commitment to quality education as evidenced by their longevity. Consistency in staffing is very much appreciated and adds to the loving environment and warm atmosphere of this school. In my opinion, Immanuel Lutheran School is one of Danbury's best kept secrets! My child excelled at this school.

Immanuel Lutheran School
18 Clapboard Ridge Road, Danbury, CT  06811
Last modified Immanuel Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immanuel Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top