PK-8 & Ungraded
Danbury, CT
Before care: Yes

Posted August 07, 2014
Unless the administration has a use of you they are rude! The principal openly smokes in the parking lot during the day, my child noticed her many times. The principal talks to you in her office while having her hair done by another staff. This gives you no privacy to share your confidential concerns, which are often shared as a gossip anyway. Teachers are involved with some students but not others. The playground is not supervised enough and teacher often find animals' feces there in the morning and are expected to clean it themselves (I witnessed it). Teacher lack enthusiasm and often comment on how overworked they are, many work 10 or more hours a day. If I pick my child up early I often find only one adult in the room with 20+ children. After school program is poor.
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 07, 2013
The Quaker Ridge campus differs from North St. The school has had some administrative and teacher turnover at Quaker Ridge Campus. Ed Director is not responsive to parents. Teachers seem overwhelmed. Classes are crowded. Overall the environment and educational value is not worth the money. School needs to lower classroom size, and find a Director who really cares about the children and values parents concerns and feedback.

Posted August 04, 2011
Have been at Hudson for a very long time. The administration as well as the staff feel like extended family, ask any parent there. I love the school and mention it to all. My children has been challenged and nurtured at the same time.

Posted July 31, 2011
Teachers are overwhelmed by class size, some kids fall through the cracks and the administration is not particularly responsive to parents. The program seems to sell itself on a name alone.

Posted July 06, 2011
terrible experience, in particular with pre-school teachers. school feels too regimented and disinterested in individual learning style and difference. would advise looking into other nearby montessori before settling here, if not another setting entirely as there are much better schools in the area.

Posted April 28, 2011
Both of my kids have been in Hudson Country for the past four years, and it has been a wonderful experience. The classes are set-up so that three grades are kept together. When a child first starts in a classroom, they have two-years and three-years to help them with their lessons. As they progress into their second and third year, the children take on more responsibility and their confidence really grows because they are role models and mentors to the other kids. Learning in these multi-year groups, they experience a group dynamic and collaboration that I would not have expected them to see until they were in college. Having the same teachers for three years really allows the teachers to know the individual needs of each child and helps build that bond between the student and the teacher. The administration know my children by name and sight, and often have a funny story to tell me when I am picking up the kids. The after-school program has steadily improved such that now my kids do not want to leave until the very end of the day.

Posted September 15, 2009
My son started at Hudson Country a little over a year ago. They have been like an extended family to us. They worked with us in everyway possible to help my son adjust to the school and he has grown so much since he started. They are community oriented and all of the staff devotes so much time and attention to each student. When a family has any sort of issue whether it be a job loss or medical issue everyone from staff to student pitches in to cook meals for them, raise money for them, anything they can do to help. I have never seen so many people band together to help each other.

Posted June 11, 2009

Posted August 07, 2008
wonderful school for parents who are involved with their childs education. I have been in the school for 5 years and have seen such a growth. the administration is always available and the buildings new growth is incrediboe. they must be doing something right. A graduate from the school just received a full scholarship into M.I.T and thanked the school for it!!

Hudson Country Montessori School 3

Posted July 30, 2008
I have a daughter in the pre K. I like her teacher. But the school is not that good in teaching the kids. I moved from another State and I wanted to put my kid in the montessori because I like the concept of Montessori teaching and I also have a very good experience in the other montessori school. But I am sorry to say that I am little disappointed. It is not worth spending so much money in this school. Whatever my child is learning is just becuase I teach her at home. There is no proper study time in the school. I can understand that they do not want to force the kids in the studies at that early age, but I think if the child in kindergarten you expect little better results from the school as well as from the child as compare to any other public school.

Hudson Country Montessori School