Danbury, CT

Posted August 30, 2013
My granddaughter and grandson attend KSP - I am amazed at the level of dedication the teachers have. I have seen the teachers at work: well prepared, organized and willing to help out with after school programs at the school: girls scouts, boy scouts etc. Some even stay extra late to prepared for the following week's lessons. I know my grandchildren are blessed to be in a school where the teachers are devoted to teaching and willing to go the EXTRA mile for the students at KSP!!

King Street Primary School 4

Posted June 26, 2007

Posted February 12, 2007
- a former student
i used to go to kingstreet in 03 and 04 and it was the best school that ive ever been to they actually took the time and worked with kids that needed help with math and speech or what ever they needed help with.The principle that was there when i was there she was the best principle and she was very nice.Over all i think this school is the best school in Danbury.Also if your child isnt challenged enough then call the school or go in and ask the teacher to have a meeting to see what you can do about that

Posted February 02, 2005
- a former student

Posted April 04, 2004
King Street Primary's teachers are extremely dedicated to teaching their children. The school has such a feeling of unity and it's like being a part of a happy family. My child is in first grade and the teacher is so willing to go the distance to help. She is in constant contact with me with new ideas to help my child at home and to explain what she does to help in school. All of the teachers that I have met are so driven in their profession and are so knowledgable. It's a priveledge to know that my child is getting an education at KSP.

King Street Primary School 4

Posted March 22, 2004
We have two children who attend this school and have been very pleased with the attention given to our first child who is in the gifted program and my second child who has needed special help in reading and speech. King St. is an excellent school with wonderful teachers, staff and PTO. I'm very pleased that our realtor referred us to King Street. Our children have come so far academically. We are thankful for King Street School!

Posted March 22, 2004
King Street Primary has been, in every way possible, a wonderful school. My three children have been delighted with the staff and received nothing but exemplary care and wonderful learning experiences. The school provides many wonderful enrichment opportunities not available at other schools in the district.

Posted March 13, 2004
The teachers at KSP are among the most dedicated and hard-working teachers I have ever met. Their Early Intervention Team meets before school hours; teachers spend their own money to purchase materials that make learning more interesting and meaningful; teachers provide snacks for children who come to school without them, so that they do not feel deprived;and the general atmosphere in the school is nurturing and upbeat.

King Street Primary School 2

Posted February 29, 2004
I have had two children go through KSP. When I asked in writing for a PPT, twice I was turned down, because my child is bright. The school focus of 'no child left behind' basically means that if your child is bright and generally well-behaved and well parented, then you are up the creek when you ask for legitimately needed help. I have been very diappointed. This is the nicest looking elem. school in the district, but definitely not the best well run by any means. Mill Ridge, Shelter Rock, much better. I also agree with the previous review, neither of my children were challenged.

King Street Primary School 2

Posted February 25, 2004
When we were searching for a home, this school was touted as the best elementary school in the area. With high hopes, my daughter began kindergarten there in September. Unfortunately, have been very disappointed with the slow pace of the program, lack of meaningful academic experiences, her teacher's lack of responsiveness to individual student needs, lack of teacher's communication about the academic program, and the school safety. If you are expecting your child to be challenged, you too will be disappointed.

King Street Primary School
151 South King St, Danbury, CT  06811
Last modified King Street Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
King Street Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top