Bad
Good

We love Pembroke! We moved a couple of years ago, my daughter began 3rd grade at Pembroke and right from the start from the principal, staff, students AND parents they were all so warm and welcoming! My daughter is very happy here, the class sizes are so much better 17/18 students per class vs 27/28 per teacher in her last school which didn't have an aide! Her last school was a wonderful school just too crowded, hindered her learning and attitude and self esteem with school. Now her grades, self esteem and love for school have drastically improved since she started Pembroke. What a difference a smaller less crowded school makes!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

My daughter had a little issue being bullied and immediately the staff helped correct the situation so both girls were spoken to individually and then together. The school psychologist handled this very well, I am pleased with the outcome then and present day no further issues.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

The school psychologist is amazing! She is excellent with the kids and goes above and beyond to help your child.

Develops character: Strongly agree

From the moment you pull into the school parking lot the school banner statements are everything you want for your child to learn, reinforces what should also be taught at home. Once you step foot in the school the positive banner statements are carried theout the school in each hallway.

Pembroke is a school that is committed to student growth both socially and academically. It is a warm, caring school that celebrates diversity and embraces all learning styles. The teachers are nurturing, yet they set high expectations for their students. They are some of the hardest working and most dedicated staff in Danbury. Each teacher makes their classroom a welcoming, home-like environment. The school welcomes families and supports students of all abilities. It is a place where children thrive. I am proud to be a member of the Pembroke School Family.

Pembroke is by far a much better school than my son's actual homeschooling where I feel his kindergarten year was virtually wasted. His first grade special ed teacher and her aides are wonderful and the turn around in my son is amazing. He started at Pembroke barely able to hold a pencil and is now writing 3 page stories. His behavior in school is wonderful as well because of the things they use to deal with his sensory disorder. His principal is wonderful as well and others would do well to model her. My biggest complaint and only complaint is how the board of ed is breaking the law, section 504 of the ADA of 1973 and refuses to allow my son to be in the before and after school program with my upcoming surgery! These people do not care about our children at all! Especially the child of a single mom in chronic pain. It saddens me greatly that they continue to do this and the superintendent does not care because he is retiring?? Perhaps he should retire today and do us a a favor! May Justice prevail! Its vile the way so many schools blatantly break the law where are special needs children are concerned especially when all I here is how wonderful my son is doing!

I am very pleased with Mrs. Thomas as a prinicapal. The PTO does so many great thing for teachers as well as the students.

I love that my children are lucky enough to be at Pembroke School. My childrens' teachers have been wonderful! They are so supportive and responsive to any concerns that I might have in regards to my children. The new principal has inspired me to be more involved in the school. She is strict, which I like, and she's truly trying to improve the school. She has to make some hard decisions and so far, I think she has been great. The PTO is fantastic. They have such a positive attitude. I would like to see more parents involved, but those that are, are truly dedicated to the school and the students.

Not very impressed with the teachers in this school, compared with NY teachers. Report cards don't give much info on child's progress. Not happy with school even with new principle running it. But am glad to see new security measures to enter school with buzzer.

Last modified Pembroke School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.