Ellsworth Avenue School 5

Posted November 18, 2008

Ellsworth Avenue School 5

Posted August 26, 2003
Being a new parent, you tend to get opinions from other parents when it comes to growing up and going to school. When asking around, everyone always said great things about Roberts Ave. Elementary. My parents wanted us to move in with them so my kids could go to the local school I grew up in, but things have changed there and not for the better. My daughter is entering Roberts Ave. Elementary as a first grader this year. Last summer, when we got a letter from her kindergarten teacher, it was loopdy-loop and looked like someone fresh out of college. My first thought was she was going to have a newbie teacher. I really wanted an old schooler. But when I finally met her teacher, I was all wrong. She had taught for several years and we ended up loving her. She, like the other teachers I've met while volunteering, love what they do and the kids love them too! The principal knows everyone by name, and that impressed me alot! When we moved out of district over the summer, both my daughter and I were saddened, until we found out she could attend this year. When my daughter found out who her first grade teacher was, I was sure she would be nice. Turns out it was a teacher I sat with at a volunteer 'Thank you' breakfast and she is nice! Overall, it's a great school. I just wish some of the parents could get more involved. I understand we live in a 2 income society, but the kids and the school need you all too!

Ellsworth Avenue School
11 Seventh Ave, Danbury, CT  06810
Last modified Ellsworth Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ellsworth Avenue School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top