Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Middlesex Middle School
Amount of homework: Too much

Posted July 13, 2016
Maybe a bit too much! I wish kids had more time to just be kids!!!

Posted July 13, 2016
We could not be happier with MMS. We moved from abroad and our daughter's school there was a private British school that followed an IB curriculum. Our transition to MMS has been seamless and our daughter is extremely happy. She has made great friends as well. The teachers have been a great support and pushed her to excel. I am slightly worried as the principal just retired but am confident the district will find a very capable individual to fill in her shoes (and those are some pretty big shoes to fill, she was amazing!)

Posted March 13, 2014
If you are looking to give your children the best classroom education and developmental experience that you can provide - this is it. We looked at all the schools in the area, including public and private offerings. GFA in Greens Farms was equivalent and might be better for those in need of a smaller school, a 'fresh start' socially or a less-competitive athletic scene. However, the competition at Darien keeps our Girls on their toes and prepared. It was the better choice for us. The girls are surrounded by exceptional classmates and feed off of that spirit of competition in a way that they just could not be matched in a 'lowest-common-denominator' school environment. Our MMS teachers are very involved and really love what they do. The athletics and academics at MMS are truly top-50 in the U.S. Community involvement in supporting the school, extracurricular activities and the children is high. I respect the different opinions presented by some students and parents on this site. I just disagree with them. MMS rocks!

Posted August 23, 2013
I have 2 kids 7 & 8 grade and they are very happy to go to M.M. School everyday and we are so glad to have them there

Middlesex Middle School 3

Posted August 22, 2013
Well, it's alright. There are some teachers who care and are nice, and some are snobby and do not care. The school is fake. I am a 7th grade student who grew up in New York. Yes, there was bullying in New York, yet, the teachers took care of it. The bullying here is MUCH worse. It's ignored. Overall, the academics are pretty good, but so many tests.

Posted March 29, 2013
I have had three kids go through MMS my youngest is now there. This is an excellent school. The teachers and admin staff are excellent! The team system works well especially because every year the kids get exposed to different groups of kids so that they get to know kids from all over town before they head to Darien HS. many people that had their kids in private school have sent them to MMS because they feel it is better than the private schools in the area. Also, I know for a fact that one of the most prestigious private schools sent their language teachers over to MMS in the summer so they could adopt the MMS model of teaching languages; which in the first year is more focused on learning about the culture through fun things like games and songs. I love MMS and so do my kids!!!

Middlesex Middle School 2

Posted October 13, 2012
I I have 2 children there and I wish I could send them elsewhere. The ASPEN system reflects the way the school is run. In a word...Rubbish!

Middlesex Middle School 1

Posted June 06, 2012
This school is terrible. The teachers are super mean and don't help you when you get a bad grade. They are lazy and yell at you a lot. I've had 5 kids go through Middlesex and every single one of their teachers were horrible. Bullying is also a bad thing in this school. Overall, send your kids to private school for 6-8th grade and they'll be much happier and a lot more prepared for high school. This school is horrible!

Posted September 09, 2011
I love MMS! I totally disagree with the one-starred reviews. I think this school is excellent. The teachers are nice. Some of them might seem a little mean/weird but as long as you stay on their good side, you should be ok. They do give a decent amount of homework but don't worry. The students are a little cliquey but just about everyone makes at least one new friend. Also, the cafeteria food is actually pretty good. MMS is a blue ribbon school and I think it definitely deserves that award. Goo Middlesex!!

Middlesex Middle School 1

Posted December 18, 2010
This school is so fake. It looks great, but it sucks. Good things: tops, school paper, play Bad things: bullying, cliques, no diversity, way too much homework and tests, too much pressure, clubs are a joke, mostly mean teachers and staff, snobby, only cares about ratings, lots of bullying on buses, really chaotic drop off and pick up. principal that doesn't do anything, not enough discipline. This school sucks!

Middlesex Middle School
204 Hollow Tree Ridge Rd, Darien, CT  06820
Last modified Middlesex Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.