Posted September 23, 2013
Amazing school that does the best that it can provide the best possible learning experience for their students

Posted April 14, 2013
St.Mary-St. Michael School is a gem of the Valley. I was a lifelong parochial school student in Stamford, CT.; and, this school's new leadership is very special. My son is an 8th grader; and, we both will be sad to end this wonderful chapter! I find the school staff to be extremely kind as they also receive continued in-service training. Due to allergies, my son was homeschooled and had attended public schools. He relays that hands down he prefers a parochial school. The top reason...the teachers are also their friends! But he cautions, the academic standards are much tougher. This he says while coming home each day to excitedly tell me a history lesson shared or music technique learned. Also, he has found real friends here. Further, I see the expanding art's enrichment program is outstanding! With the new principal, your family will get their money's worth. Best of all I find the year-round, well-planned school and church events bring wholesome "FAMILY togetherness, a win-win in this day and age!!!

Posted December 05, 2012
My daughters currently attend the school. My oldest is in 1st grade and my youngest is in Pre-k. I cannot say enough good things about this school. It is a loving and caring environment, my girls are well cared for and learning new things daily, they have a zero tolerance bullying policy, and my girls love going to school everyday. In addition to the great educations, they have all sorts of fun activities throughout the school year. I love the full day kindergarten and on-site before/after school childcare...very convenient for working parents like me! And very affordable tuition. All in all, we are so glad we made this choice and look forward to having our girls graduate there.

Posted September 14, 2012
My husband and I are so excited that we found SMSM. We are both teachers and we took a lot of time shopping around for a school for our 2 children. We sent our oldest to another Catholic school in Ansonia for one year, but never quite felt right about the decision. SMSM offered us something that no other school in the area could- a principal that manages the school in an appropriate way, a school board (they call their PTA: the St. Mary St. Michael HSA board) that is inviting and open to new members participating, children that are respectful and kind, and teachers that are there b/c they enjoy and are good at teaching. We are not from the area originally, so we felt like outsiders when we tried to get involved at the other school our son attended last year, but at SMSM our help was welcomed and appreciated. It is not clique at all, in fact- the other parents are warm and inviting and have taken the time to make us feel like we are part of a community. I am making life long friends with the other parents in the school, and I my children are so happy. I have not once questioned whether or not we made the right decision on switching schools. I'm only sorry we didn't do it earlier.

Posted March 03, 2010
We have been a part of St. Mary-St. Michael School since Pre-K4, my grandchild is now in 8th grade. We LOVE the school. As in all systems, there are some minor problems, but, for the most part, it's a great school. We always felt that she was safe there, that every single person there knew her and cared about her, her well being and her academic success. She tested for three private high schools and was accepted and given tuition help at all three. They all wanted her, they said they felt she was very prepared and extremely well rounded for her age. I don't have much good to say about the other Valley public school systems, but, I would never have sent her to any of the public schools in my area.

Posted March 02, 2010
this is the best school ever. the atmosphere is good. friendly people, teachers are so helpfulmost of all student teachers ratio. This school is topnotch in area.If you really love your kids then give them a favor and send them to this school. they wil love it.There is nothing precious than your kids and these people care about that.

Posted October 02, 2009
My grandchild attended St. Mary-St. Michael's school since Pre-K. We wouldn't send this child anyplace else. The whole staff is concerned and caring. The security and disciple is top-notch. This was the best school in Derby to send this child too. Said child was accepted at all four private schools applied to.

St Mary & St Michael School 4

Posted September 28, 2009
I attended St.Mary-St.Mikes school and graduated in 2009. The teachers are very helpful and great to work with. The work isn't really that hard but the teachers care about you and want you to be successful. I would deffinetly send my child here.

Posted June 08, 2009
My daughter went to St. Mary's The teacher she had was one of the worst. Didn't like my child & even made sure I knew it. Took 2 years after taken her out of this school to get my daughter back on track . If u have to send a child for help some where else that means the teachers r not helping your child .. This school should be shut Down . I am not the only parent who thinks this either .. The best school systems in this area is Seymour I Love the Seymour school system they have turn my daughters life around !! Thank God for Seymour School systems..!!!

St Mary & St Michael School 2

Posted April 22, 2009
I had 2 children attend this school, one of whom now attends a private high school. In no way do I think that St Mary/St Michael prepared him for the rigors of this school, or any other - private or public. Plus, all that is offered is basketball & cheerleading - no science fairs, no art fairs, no drama - nothing. I will be glad when my 2nd child graduates.

St Mary & St Michael School
14 Seymour Avenue, Derby, CT  06418
Last modified St Mary & St Michael School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Mary & St Michael School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top