Bad
Good

And today I read, again, that more than half do not meet State standards in English, and not only that, but the results are the worst in six years for the remaining subjects tested. Still happy with where more than 80% of your tax dollars are going,are you ?

I am a graduate of CRHS and very pleased that my parents chose to make our home in Durham. Yes, growing up I was not very excited about being 'stuck' in a small town but the education that District 13 offered me cannot be compared. I am now a teacher and have taught in various districts across the US and none of them have compared to CRHS. The educational standard in Durham/Middlefield is definitely top notch. Yes, it is a small school with not very much diversity but I would choose it over any school for my children. Also, the comrodery that is in the school, especially the band 'The Pride and Spirit of Coginchaug' extends the motto 'We are Family' and they mean it. Whichever ever groups a student belong to they will build memories and lessons for life.

As a former student who now goes to a top university in the country, I have to say that I was more than prepared for college by attending Coginchaug. We were taught more then facts here-we were taught how to learn. Some of the most challenging classes I took were at CRHS and the ability to apply the lessons of critical thinking and clear articulation has given me an advantage over my peers at college.

Coginchaug High School is top-notch. True, we are a small community, and at times our kids complain about it, but yet it's the very thing that makes it so awesome. I have a child at the school, and I also have another that went to a high school of nearly 3,000. The differences are tremendous. It is true - size does matter. The student-teacher ratio at Coginchaug, combined with hiring the 'best of the best', affords our children a great educational opportunity, and plenty of extracurricular activities. I believe tighter bonds are formed and life-long friendships forged from this environment. Life lessons are learned as well as academics. When something happens, the entire student body, staff & teachers are there to lend a hand, to celebrate, to grieve. All are part of an extended family. The building itself is clean, modern, cheerful, and spacious. The grounds, beautiful.

As a student at CRHS, I can honestly say that I am lucky. The school is very small, so there are smaller classes, meaning that we can have more one on one time with them when we need help. It is a very safe environment (fights are very rare) and you can feel that the teachers honestly care about you. Most of the teachers are very dedicated to their jobs.

First to be upfront I am a teacher at Coginchaug. I have to say that if I was able to afford a home in town there would be no question where I would want to raise my children. The district is fantastic and every aspect of Conginchaug's community is to be applauded. I unlike the students who go to school there have the option about where to go every morning. Even though there were multiple positions open to me across the state I chose and continue to choose Coginchaug despite lower salary and less benefits because of the strength of the administration, the teachers, and the student body. If you live in Durham or Middlefield and attend or have your children attend Coginchaug you should thank your lucky stars or pat yourself on the back for making an excellent decision on where to call home.

Last modified Coginchaug Regional High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.