East Hartford, CT

St Christopher School 2

Posted September 24, 2014
I have significant concerns with the ability and professionalism of the current administration. My experience with the teachers has been nothing short of fantastic, the admin however has MUCH to be desired. The current principal is very unapproachable and not welcoming. Very disappointing. I was hoping to be very involved in the school but the office has turned me off completely. She really needs to be aware of her arrogant tone.

Posted May 16, 2014
I strongly recommend parents to not spend your hard earned cash and send your kids here. It is not worth your money, time or more importantly, not worth taking the risk that your child will be unhappy or negatively impacted by attending this school. This is exactly what happened to us. I hope that my review may help you from making my mistake. The teacher quality is below average to average and the school lacks strong leadership. Parents find out about issues and problems until only after they have occurred. Two way communication between parents and teachers does not exist. If you were to question the school, they will tell you otherwise. The learning environment that is set for the children is not a positive one, and often, teachers and administrators struggle to create an environment where students respect and care for each other.

St Christopher School 2

Posted May 09, 2014
My son graduated from this school. I have another son beginning kindergarten and will not even consider St. Chris as an option. The school lacks effective leadership and discipline. Some of the teachers are condescending to the children, to the point of actual bullying. Sad, since they are not representing the love of Christ.

St Christopher School 3

Posted September 19, 2013
When my two girls (5th and 7th grades) started at St Chris they were only spanish speakers. I was worry about their performance, and how they were going to fit in the community. I took my husband and I 4 months to decided the school that fit for our girls was St. Christ. Best decision we could take. It has been a blessing for my family to belong to this community. Strong values, strong teaching, great environment when your kids are loved, cherrished and safe. Ms Madej, the principal, is a strong leader that set the example for students and the staff. Two years later, my girls speak English as any other kid, they got average and above average grades. My oldest daughter started a new High School, eventhough is a good school, she can notice the difference on behavior and on teaching. Her new teachers had told me she is doing great, is one of the best prepared for class students they have. I can not thank enough St Chris for all the caring the have done and keep doing for my girls. I recommend this school to any parent that is serious about his/her kids education, and they want them to growth in moral values, in faith, in knowledge, and in health happiness.

Posted May 24, 2013
My son went there in "K" for many a few months and was asked to leave and did not give us much time at all. Cause he was haveing a hard time sitting still and paying att. So what they did was put in the back room away from other kids for the whole day. They did not try to work with him or us at all. They said we can't help casue we are a privite school. This was over 4 years ago, and would not tell anyone to go to that school.

Posted January 31, 2012
The only reason I gave them one star was because none wasn't an option. In my opinion, this school whould be shut down or there should be a n e staff. There was only one teacher in the whole school that wasn't rude to me. One teacher basically bullied me everyday and made racist comments to the other student. Please don't waist your money! Find a different school!

Posted February 11, 2011
I have had 2 children graduate from St. Chris and 2 still there. All have starteded in Pre K 3 and all will finish there. I can speak from experince that the children that graduate are prepared for High school. My 2 High school children take many honor classes and AP classes and do very well. The school has now added more extracuricular activities. Soccer,Basketball,cross country, cheerleading and track. Along with many clubs yearbook, student council National Junior Honor Society to mention a few. No school is perfect but St. Christophers has been a great fit for my children.

Posted November 11, 2010
iv been going there science pre k an both pre k are all ay every weekk ay also inclue art gym computer and music class. this is my last year my 10th year there. the teachers are great they are there to help and extra help is always availible

Posted April 09, 2010
My sons are in 1st grade. This school offers both moral and educational teaching. I am very happy with my kids education outcome.

Posted October 18, 2009
My children got great educations from St. Christopher School. I went there when I was a child, and I am blessed to have sent my children there

St Christopher School