PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My husband and I are very pleased with the education our children are receiving at St. Chris. The teachers my children have had are all very approachable, professional, and respectful of confidentiality. Earlier in the year, my child was having some behavior issues in the classroom. The teacher kept us informed of their daily behavior and we worked together to resolve the problem. It takes a village to raise a child, and I am happy to have the support of all at Saint Christopher School.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is a Catholic school, emphasizing good morals. Honesty is stressed from the earliest classes in PreK3. Teachers espouse the values they try to instill in their students, and integrity is important. The school also emphasizes service and compassion.

Overall, our experience at the school has been phenomenal. Two of our children currently attend, one in 2nd grade, another in preschool. We are HUGE fans of the preschool program. The staff are phenomenal, the quality of education is fantastic, and the price is much cheaper than day care! As my older child has moved into the elementary school, we're still thrilled with the school, especially the teachers. His teachers have been excellent. All are willing to work with him, and the class sizes are small enough so that teachers can help students individually if the need arises. The environment is very nurturing, and we're really happy with everything that the school offers our children.

St. Chris is a family and welcoming community. The kids are learning above grade level and the discipline is good. They have art, music, gym and Spanish. The school is diverse, but united in love for each other. The negative reviews have not been my experience.

My family and three children have had a fantastic experience at St. Chris. The teachers are wonderful, the academics very challenging, and the administration very helpful and supportive. We are glad to be apart of the St. Chris family!!!

As a new and extremely protective father of a Pre-K student I am impressed. This school has a great Pre-K system with caring and professional teachers. They communicate and work with us on behavior, activities and education. Most importantly is parent involvement. I find the school has a structured system that motivates parents to participate. Parents are involved with auctions, dances and events throughout the year. This builds community. If there was one negative it's that the school has to be efficient. This means that the Principal has to wear multiple hats. One minute recording messages to inform parents that school is close on the automated system. The next explaining to a child what was wrong and I am sure another thirty duties in any given day. I personally find this impressive as I recognize these private/public schools receive very little financial support from public sources. This past year grants and volunteers obtained and implemented new computer lab. Saint Christopher's also has a large increase in overall student population, which I believe shows the quality of education provided.

I have significant concerns with the ability and professionalism of the current administration. My experience with the teachers has been nothing short of fantastic, the admin however has MUCH to be desired. The current principal is very unapproachable and not welcoming. Very disappointing. I was hoping to be very involved in the school but the office has turned me off completely. She really needs to be aware of her arrogant tone.

I strongly recommend parents to not spend your hard earned cash and send your kids here. It is not worth your money, time or more importantly, not worth taking the risk that your child will be unhappy or negatively impacted by attending this school. This is exactly what happened to us. I hope that my review may help you from making my mistake. The teacher quality is below average to average and the school lacks strong leadership. Parents find out about issues and problems until only after they have occurred. Two way communication between parents and teachers does not exist. If you were to question the school, they will tell you otherwise. The learning environment that is set for the children is not a positive one, and often, teachers and administrators struggle to create an environment where students respect and care for each other.

My son graduated from this school. I have another son beginning kindergarten and will not even consider St. Chris as an option. The school lacks effective leadership and discipline. Some of the teachers are condescending to the children, to the point of actual bullying. Sad, since they are not representing the love of Christ.

When my two girls (5th and 7th grades) started at St Chris they were only spanish speakers. I was worry about their performance, and how they were going to fit in the community. I took my husband and I 4 months to decided the school that fit for our girls was St. Christ. Best decision we could take. It has been a blessing for my family to belong to this community. Strong values, strong teaching, great environment when your kids are loved, cherrished and safe. Ms Madej, the principal, is a strong leader that set the example for students and the staff. Two years later, my girls speak English as any other kid, they got average and above average grades. My oldest daughter started a new High School, eventhough is a good school, she can notice the difference on behavior and on teaching. Her new teachers had told me she is doing great, is one of the best prepared for class students they have. I can not thank enough St Chris for all the caring the have done and keep doing for my girls. I recommend this school to any parent that is serious about his/her kids education, and they want them to growth in moral values, in faith, in knowledge, and in health happiness.

Last modified St Christopher School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8