PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted April 09, 2016
My husband and I are very pleased with the education our children are receiving at St. Chris. The teachers my children have had are all very approachable, professional, and respectful of confidentiality. Earlier in the year, my child was having some behavior issues in the classroom. The teacher kept us informed of their daily behavior and we worked together to resolve the problem. It takes a village to raise a child, and I am happy to have the support of all at Saint Christopher School.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted March 29, 2016
Thanks to the wonderful parents who help at the school every day, from working on the facility to helping with the HSA and running programs! You guys are fantastic!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 29, 2016
This is a Catholic school, emphasizing good morals. Honesty is stressed from the earliest classes in PreK3. Teachers espouse the values they try to instill in their students, and integrity is important. The school also emphasizes service and compassion.

Posted March 29, 2016
Overall, our experience at the school has been phenomenal. Two of our children currently attend, one in 2nd grade, another in preschool. We are HUGE fans of the preschool program. The staff are phenomenal, the quality of education is fantastic, and the price is much cheaper than day care! As my older child has moved into the elementary school, we're still thrilled with the school, especially the teachers. His teachers have been excellent. All are willing to work with him, and the class sizes are small enough so that teachers can help students individually if the need arises. The environment is very nurturing, and we're really happy with everything that the school offers our children.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted March 21, 2016
Mrs. Madej could not be kinder or a stronger advocate for the children. She has always tried to accommodate my family and gives countless hours to the school.

Posted March 21, 2016
St. Chris is a family and welcoming community. The kids are learning above grade level and the discipline is good. They have art, music, gym and Spanish. The school is diverse, but united in love for each other. The negative reviews have not been my experience.

Posted May 07, 2015
My family and three children have had a fantastic experience at St. Chris. The teachers are wonderful, the academics very challenging, and the administration very helpful and supportive. We are glad to be apart of the St. Chris family!!!

Posted February 09, 2015
As a new and extremely protective father of a Pre-K student I am impressed. This school has a great Pre-K system with caring and professional teachers. They communicate and work with us on behavior, activities and education. Most importantly is parent involvement. I find the school has a structured system that motivates parents to participate. Parents are involved with auctions, dances and events throughout the year. This builds community. If there was one negative it's that the school has to be efficient. This means that the Principal has to wear multiple hats. One minute recording messages to inform parents that school is close on the automated system. The next explaining to a child what was wrong and I am sure another thirty duties in any given day. I personally find this impressive as I recognize these private/public schools receive very little financial support from public sources. This past year grants and volunteers obtained and implemented new computer lab. Saint Christopher's also has a large increase in overall student population, which I believe shows the quality of education provided.

St Christopher School 2

Posted September 24, 2014
I have significant concerns with the ability and professionalism of the current administration. My experience with the teachers has been nothing short of fantastic, the admin however has MUCH to be desired. The current principal is very unapproachable and not welcoming. Very disappointing. I was hoping to be very involved in the school but the office has turned me off completely. She really needs to be aware of her arrogant tone.

St Christopher School 1

Posted May 16, 2014
I strongly recommend parents to not spend your hard earned cash and send your kids here. It is not worth your money, time or more importantly, not worth taking the risk that your child will be unhappy or negatively impacted by attending this school. This is exactly what happened to us. I hope that my review may help you from making my mistake. The teacher quality is below average to average and the school lacks strong leadership. Parents find out about issues and problems until only after they have occurred. Two way communication between parents and teachers does not exist. If you were to question the school, they will tell you otherwise. The learning environment that is set for the children is not a positive one, and often, teachers and administrators struggle to create an environment where students respect and care for each other.

570 Brewer Street, East Hartford, CT  06118