PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

The teachers are great, the new principal is not working. She seems to not have a mind of her own and allows a small group of parents to make all the decisions for the school without doing her own research and simply believes whatever she is told. I am not sure if she doesn't care enough to do her own research or because this is her first time being a principal she just doesn't have the ability to run a large school. IE: She allowed our annual spelling bee which was a huge fundraiser to be canceled because 2 parents told her it wasn't a good event because some children were crying because they didn't win. Are we going to give all the children A's in all their classes so they don't cry? And she admitted she just let these parents decide because she said she was new and didn't know any better! My children absolutely loved the event and looked forward to it every year! Not all children are good at sports, and mine loved the spelling bee along with many, many other children! It was always a VERY WELL ATTENDED EVENT! What a shame that she is allowing a few parents to make all the decisions. This is just one small example of MANY problems, but they all boil down to her not doing her OWN research and just believing whatever she is told. She believes whatever she is told by a very small group of parents (the loud ones) and treats the other parents with a very belittling attitude (if you can get her to even REPLY). It's so sad to see our beautiful school being ruined by a few parents who have their egos so involved and a brand new teacher turned principal letting it happen. She isn't thinking how the decisions are going to impact our school. She is used to thinking for a classroom, not a whole school. She was only weeks into the school year and insulted a VETERAN most loved teacher so badly that she was forced to leave. There are long time veteran parents and teachers she can turn to for research and history but is just listening to the squeaky wheels as the easy way out. As a CATHOLIC SCHOOL PRINCIPAL I would expect her to be a nicer, more welcoming, caring more inclusive person and not play these childish games. She is so cold. It makes me so sad as I want all my children to look up to her, their principal, as a loving, Catholic role model and that just doesn't seem possible. It breaks my heart to consider leaving. Please pray for our school and that she opens her heart and mind.

St. Christopher school is a compassionate, caring and nurturing environment for children. They thrive and learn so well here. The Teachers are all wonderful loving people who are very dedicated to the Children. My two children just Love their Teachers and their whole school so much!

My husband and I are very pleased with the education our children are receiving at St. Chris. The teachers my children have had are all very approachable, professional, and respectful of confidentiality. Earlier in the year, my child was having some behavior issues in the classroom. The teacher kept us informed of their daily behavior and we worked together to resolve the problem. It takes a village to raise a child, and I am happy to have the support of all at Saint Christopher School.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is a Catholic school, emphasizing good morals. Honesty is stressed from the earliest classes in PreK3. Teachers espouse the values they try to instill in their students, and integrity is important. The school also emphasizes service and compassion.

Overall, our experience at the school has been phenomenal. Two of our children currently attend, one in 2nd grade, another in preschool. We are HUGE fans of the preschool program. The staff are phenomenal, the quality of education is fantastic, and the price is much cheaper than day care! As my older child has moved into the elementary school, we're still thrilled with the school, especially the teachers. His teachers have been excellent. All are willing to work with him, and the class sizes are small enough so that teachers can help students individually if the need arises. The environment is very nurturing, and we're really happy with everything that the school offers our children.

St. Chris is a family and welcoming community. The kids are learning above grade level and the discipline is good. They have art, music, gym and Spanish. The school is diverse, but united in love for each other. The negative reviews have not been my experience.

My family and three children have had a fantastic experience at St. Chris. The teachers are wonderful, the academics very challenging, and the administration very helpful and supportive. We are glad to be apart of the St. Chris family!!!

As a new and extremely protective father of a Pre-K student I am impressed. This school has a great Pre-K system with caring and professional teachers. They communicate and work with us on behavior, activities and education. Most importantly is parent involvement. I find the school has a structured system that motivates parents to participate. Parents are involved with auctions, dances and events throughout the year. This builds community. If there was one negative it's that the school has to be efficient. This means that the Principal has to wear multiple hats. One minute recording messages to inform parents that school is close on the automated system. The next explaining to a child what was wrong and I am sure another thirty duties in any given day. I personally find this impressive as I recognize these private/public schools receive very little financial support from public sources. This past year grants and volunteers obtained and implemented new computer lab. Saint Christopher's also has a large increase in overall student population, which I believe shows the quality of education provided.

I have significant concerns with the ability and professionalism of the current administration. My experience with the teachers has been nothing short of fantastic, the admin however has MUCH to be desired. The current principal is very unapproachable and not welcoming. Very disappointing. I was hoping to be very involved in the school but the office has turned me off completely. She really needs to be aware of her arrogant tone.

I strongly recommend parents to not spend your hard earned cash and send your kids here. It is not worth your money, time or more importantly, not worth taking the risk that your child will be unhappy or negatively impacted by attending this school. This is exactly what happened to us. I hope that my review may help you from making my mistake. The teacher quality is below average to average and the school lacks strong leadership. Parents find out about issues and problems until only after they have occurred. Two way communication between parents and teachers does not exist. If you were to question the school, they will tell you otherwise. The learning environment that is set for the children is not a positive one, and often, teachers and administrators struggle to create an environment where students respect and care for each other.

Last modified St Christopher School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8