East Hartford, CT

Posted January 17, 2014
Love this school. The teachers really support the kids and have teams that make sure all kids are challenged without any being left behind. If your child has medical needs, I'd pick another school. The school nurse has been known to make bad decisions , have a bad attitude with kids , has talked to parents about others student's conditions and talking to parents in a very condescending manner. It does not change how I feel about this school but if my child had a serious medical condition, it would.

Two Rivers Middle Magnet School 2

Posted December 17, 2013
The previous principal was absolutely hands down HORRID. The new one is better, but the school still needs LOTS of work.

Posted November 17, 2013
My daughter is an 8th grader who came from one of the best school system in CT south windsor and she loves Two Rivers Magnet. The teachers are wonderful and her CMT scores are off the chart. My son just started this year and says it is the best school he's been to by far. I know every student is different and some parents have negative things to say when their kids don't like a school or they simple don't do well but my kids are good kids, focused social and love diversity. If the kids don't have that kind of package I can see them and the parents hating the school. This is a very nice school for the right student!!

Posted March 23, 2013
This school is atrocious. My son used to go to this school, everyday he would be upset or angry. Dont even get me started about the staff. Especially the principal. DO NOT LET UR CHILD ENROLL TO THIS SCHOOL. Please. This school is horrible. Im happy i took my son out of this school.

Posted March 03, 2013
Just as a hint of what a terrible school this is, if you write them a bad review they delete it. the other reviews also already said my words.

Posted February 16, 2013
This is the WORST school in East Hartford. It doesn't even deserve one star. If you are thinking about sending your kid either here or public school, GO WITH PUBLIC SCHOOL. You will be so sorry if you send your kid here, and if they do I guarantee they will not be there very long. First off their way of teaching is terrible, if that's what you can even call it. There is just so many things wrong with this school, and let's not forget the constant fighting.

Posted July 20, 2012
One word to describe this school: Atrocious It's just awful, there is so much violence and bullying it's astonishing.

Two Rivers Middle Magnet School 4

Posted May 16, 2012
The way of teaching at this school is great!! Excellent !! The teachers really work with the students strong suits and encourages them while giving them the tools to excell and push forward. With that said the communication between the principle and parents needs A LOT!! of work. We parents are not the enemy - remember your students are our children!!!

Posted April 16, 2012
My daughter absolutely hates this school! My son went here 9 years ago anf then it was great but now it's terrible.

Posted January 30, 2010

Two Rivers Middle Magnet School
337 East River Dr, East Hartford, CT  06108
Last modified Two Rivers Middle Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Two Rivers Middle Magnet School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top