No rating

New Testament Baptist Church School

Private | PK-12 | 160 students

NTBS is known for the 93% of graduating seniors who have continued to college.

Living in East Hartford

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $125,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $910.

Posted October 12, 2013

This year is going to be a very exciting year for my son, he is able to play basketball starting in 3rd grade. He is really looking forward to this new opportunity. He thought he had to wait until he was one of the big kids then found out he can play this year and will start playing against other teams sometime in November. My 5th grade daughter is also eager to be a Junior Patriot cheerleader. I this its awesome that NTBS is starting a lot of new programs. I am so looking forward to a great school year.

Posted October 8, 2013

NTBCS is a great school, they have a great academic program. They are very understanding, and caring. I recommend this school to anyone. It's a place to Belong.

Posted October 8, 2013

I am so happy that there is a Christian school that supports the standards we are trying to instill in our 3 year old. We initially had a hard time adjusting but because of the hard work and dedication from her teacher she has flourished greatly in school.

Posted October 7, 2013

This school has two different educations built into one. Not only will the students be getting a superior studies education, but they will also be able to learn how to function properly in society.

Posted October 7, 2013

An exciting school with fun field trips that expand the children's knowledge of the subject they are learning about in class!

Posted September 23, 2013

The children at NTBS are taught manners and respect. It is always a joy to see the children as they talk to their teachers and want to help them out. The children know that they are loved and so they enjoy being with their teacher. I love. NTBS and recomend the school 100%

Posted August 26, 2013

I am a proud graduate of New Testament Baptist School. I have been attending NTBS since the year 2000. I am so grateful for this school. As a student I never feared for my safety and I knew that my teachers genuinely cared for me. As the captain of our was captain of our cheer leading squad, I learned valuable lessons in teamwork and leadership. Of course the fun part was cheering at our basketball games and pep rallies. As an a active member of the National Beta Club I was able to fulfill our motto, "Let us lead by serving others." I graduated with honors and am well prepared to attend my freshman year of college this fall in Texas. I could not have done it without New Testament Baptist School , Thank you so very much!

Posted June 25, 2013

NTBCS is a great school with teachers that really care about their students. Many of the teachers spend several extra hours a week helping students who are struggling that come in from other schools. Their goal is for every student to succeed.

Posted June 18, 2013

I love New Testament Baptist School! It is a school where children not only learn how to live, but also become equipped to live successful lives afterwards. Our school is constantly doing activities and implementing programs that strengthen our student's morals and family relationships. When I have school-aged children one day I wouldn't have any doubt as to where I will enroll my children for school.

Posted June 18, 2013

New Testament Baptist School is not just a school, it is a family. As a graduate ,I can honestly say that NTBS prepared me not only academically for life after graduation, but taught me important life character traits. I have my teachers degree because of NTBS.

Posted June 18, 2013

New Testament Baptist School have been serving the community for close to 30 years. The school is well recognized by its purple buses, SAT scores, love for souls, and academic achievement. As students step foot into the doors, they feel secure for their well being and learning. They hardly want to leave, once the school day is over.

Posted June 18, 2013

New Testament Baptist School is a great school. It afforded my two children the opportunity to receive a superior education. They reinforced the Christian character at school that we instilled at home. The teachers at the school are professionals who really loved and cared for my children. I highly recommend New Testament Baptist School to anyone looking for a quality education and nurturing environment for their student.

Posted June 18, 2013

New Testament Baptist School is great! The teachers really care for your children! My son had a hernia and had to have surgery. The teachers came by my home, visited with my son, brought him gifts and cards, and encouraged him to recuperate! Their expression of love and concern was very touching! I am thankful for New Testament Baptist School!

Posted June 18, 2013

At New Testament Baptist School the teachers take time to care about my needs and troubles. I have had many times when my teacher would talk to me one on one when I seemed down or sad. They have also taken time to tutor me in areas where I was struggling.

Posted June 18, 2013

Having been in the ministry for over thirty five years and involved with several different shools from kindergarten through high school, I can tell you from experience that NTBS offers a quality education coupled with old time Christan morals. The emphasis on phonics in the early elementary and pre school years is enough reason for parents of younger children to enroll!!

Posted June 15, 2013

As a graduate of NTBS I cannot begin to tell you of the benefits of Christian education. I came to this school when I was four and received a quality education. NTBS is not just a school where children can learn facts but a place where children can build life soils.NTBS is all about teaching children how to live as well as make a living.

Posted June 15, 2013

I came to New Testament Baptist School last year. I really love this school because the staff is very supportive. I love to watch the kids improve and become better young people throughout the year.

Posted June 15, 2013

I am a graduate of NTBS. The training I received there equipped me for college and life. In college I made the Dean's list multiple times and graduated cum laude. In life, I am a successful, law abiding citizen who loves God. The character and Godly principles I learned at NTBS are invaluable.

Posted June 15, 2013

The teachers at NTBS are great. They love and pray for their students and teach them character. Children learn respect for authority and how to love God. My children are adults now, but they were well prepared for adulthood because of New Testament. I am so thankful that New Testament was here for my kids.

Posted June 15, 2013

I am a graduate of NTBS. I began attending the school at the age of four ,and grew up in this school. Each year my teachers changed ,but all the staff showed their love for teaching in the lessons and school wide activities. I am now a teacher of a four year old class.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 4%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
School social worker/counselors(s)
Special education coordinator
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Science

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 2:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACE
  • ACSI

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• ACE Accelerated Learning
  • Multi-aged
  • STEM

• Music
  • Religious
  • Science
  • Technology
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Special education coordinator
  • Library
  • Music room
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Sports

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Parent Action Team