Posted August 22, 2014
Mayberry has good teachers who care dearly for your child's progress. Mrs. Cipolla who retired from kindergarten, did a wonderful job identifying my son's strengths and weaknesses and kept me informed any time she seen him struggling in a certain area. His most recent teacher, Mrs. Zerio, his 1st grade teacher is so magnificent! My son loved her and every time I spoke with her, she made sure to point out not just the negatives if there were any, but the positives as well as she encouraged him to continue doing his best while working on difficult areas. The children really respected Mr. O when he was present at the school and it is unfortunate that he's no longer there but still amazing to know that he has gone on to Goodwin as a principal. Overall, I say - don't listen to the ratings but rather the reviews. That's where it counts and see for yourself.

Posted February 04, 2012
WE currently have two children enrolled in this school. Our eldest has attended since kindergarten, and is now in fifth grade. Our five year old just started kindergarten this year, and bothchildren really enjoy going to this school. Almost all of the teacheres and staff have been very professional in their classromm comportment and preparation and have been instrumental in our children being able to enjoy their educational experience! Not only do the teachers excel in the classroom, they also enthusiastically support the extracurricular activities, such as movie nights, McDonald nights, school concerts, variety shows, etc. My wife and I had trepidations when our oldest first began school, and actually tried to get her enrolled in another school. but we wound up keeping her at Mayberry, and have never regretted it. Of course, there is an occasional blip on the radar, but when you are dealing with young children, many of whom are in an unnatural environment, issues do crop up. For my wife and I we simply could not be more pleased with the results of our first two children attending this school. If we are still in the area our last child will be enrolled here 2013.

Dr. Franklin H. Mayberry School 0

Posted March 15, 2010
my child attend this school and i am please to say that we love the school. i have a great teacher and parent communication. our main goal is my child and her education. This is why my child will make it in life because is not what school she goes to is about her learning and getting what she need to make it in life.... like her parents beeing part of her education and her life.... if people stop looking at the bad and try looking on the good maybe our children will do the same............

Dr. Franklin H. Mayberry School 1

Posted March 24, 2007

Posted January 30, 2007

Dr. Franklin H. Mayberry School 1

Posted November 23, 2005
Do not send your children to this school. This school is very unorganized and I hate it and so do my children. I can not wait to move so I can get them out of there. I have personally witnessed a teacher yelling at a kindergarten student in the lunchroom for absolutely no reason, I guess she was just having a bad day. It was unacceptable and I was disgusted with it. I also think that 'bullying' needs to be addressed not only by this school but by childrens parents.

Dr. Franklin H. Mayberry School 2

Posted August 24, 2004
My daughter has attended Mayberry for Kindergarten and 1st grade and soon will be attending for second grade. I am very discouraged with this school and just as soon as possible will be switching schools.

Posted January 05, 2004
I have had 1 child attend Mayberry from 3rd thru 5th and I currently have another child that has attended Mayberry from K thru currently in 3rd grade. I have been Extremely pleased with our principal. I think he is the best thing about Mayberry School. I wish the school was more racialy balanced. But other than that I have been pleasantly surprised with the school.

Dr. Franklin H. Mayberry School
101 Great Hill Rd, East Hartford, CT  06108
Last modified Dr. Franklin H. Mayberry School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dr. Franklin H. Mayberry School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.