East Hartford, CT

Posted September 27, 2013
[2013] I go to langford still. I've been in it K-5 and going for 6th. It's fun. My favorite teachers are Mr. Craig, our gym teacher, Mrs Kalafus, Mrs Cicarillo (Ms Ricci), Ms. Dupont, Ms. Fittzgiboons (Ms. Moren) Mrs. Musgrave, Ms. Bedell (She's married, but I just don't know her name now), Ms Pentore, and that''s about it. The best part of 5th grade here is that we get to go camping at the Discovery Center. Also, we get to go to STARBASE in Hartford. It's fun, too. There is Redbird, Raven, Dory, and Sparkles. Those are their nicknames, not real ones.

Posted September 24, 2012
I have many fond memories of Langford School. I attended 1st through 5th grade there when the school first opened in 1971, after going to O'Brien School for kindergarten. O'Brien was an elementary school until 1971 before being converted to a middle school. Ironically, I went back to O'Brien for 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. Back in the early 70's when Langford first opened, it was one of the first schools (and one of the few) to have "no walls". All the classrooms were separated by partitions. I now live in Florida since 1986 and haven't been back to Langford since then, so I don't know if the school still has this "open" layout. Every year in June as the school year was winding down, we had a race known as the "Great Race" and also "Field Day". Wonder if they still have those traditions. Really miss this school!

Dr. John A. Langford School 0

Posted December 02, 2007
langford was a great school i went to it last year now im at sunset.The principal ms.ciccomascolo is great and theses are some of my favorite teachers mrs.fieldhouse ms.houghton miss.ricci ms.goslee mrs dupont ms beadle ms cannon mrs bates and planty more thanks overall.

Posted March 26, 2005
I think highly of this school mainly because my daughter's needs are met above and beyond. She is in 1st grade and for her reading period she goes to 2nd grade because her teachers have recognized her strenght in reading which is above first grade level. My daughter loves going to school and she always talks about her teachers very highly what else can I wish for. Thank you for your dedicated teachers, especially Miss Barry, Miss Levine and Mrs. Tuller!

Posted April 01, 2004
- a former student
Langford School is great. I went to Langford School K-5 and so did my sisters. I have went through three principals and like then all I think that the teachers in Langford are creative. I woould know I have been all around the school and helped out. In langford all I have to tell you is do your work and dont get in trouble beacuse then you will get treated well.

Dr. John A. Langford School 2

Posted February 23, 2004
Langford School is a nice school because it is small enough that the staff seems to know all of the students and the teachers care about their students and seem to be good at understanding each child's needs. However, there is limited room for individual growth, because the children are placed with a single teacher (sometimes with a helper) and they are all taught the same thing, no matter what their abilities. For example, my child is an above average student and is quite bored in her classroom because there is only one other student in her class at her level. These 2 do get singled out by a helper for extra reading but little is done for math enrichment. I would like to add that I only have experience with the first few grades, I believe the higher grades are arranged differently, with more separation within ability levels.

Dr. John A. Langford School 2

Posted August 26, 2003
East Hartford should consider making Grade K an all day. It would help if the school really had 14 kids per class verses the 22 kids. Smaller classes would greatly help in increasing our test scores.

Dr. John A. Langford School
61 Alps Dr, East Hartford, CT  06108
Last modified Dr. John A. Langford School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dr. John A. Langford School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top