East Hartford, CT
Students enrolled: 1,734

East Hartford High School 1

Posted May 30, 2014
East Hartford High School is an abysmal failure. The 2012 CAPT scores for the 10th grade class revealed: 83% of the students failed to meet the reading standard; 31% below the state average. 84% of the students failed to meet the math standard; 33% below the state average. 83% of the students failed to meet the science standard; 30% below the state average. 67% of the students failed to meet the writing standard; 30% below the state average. I have read reports that the students are disruptive and curse the teachers. This is a failure of the administration (not the teachers) to promote a learning environment. Those students that are disruptive should be removed from the school and their parents should be required to pay for their education at some other learning institution or to home school their children. It is not fair to make the rest of the children suffer life long educational shortcomings due to some students disrupting the education process. Let those that are disruptive suffer the consequences of their actions and spare those that are there to learn and are well behaved.

Posted March 23, 2014
Pretty good school with a great teaching staff and a host of after-school activities.But many kids are bad mannered and have bad behavior.

East Hartford High School 1

Posted June 05, 2011
I really do not understand why people say "it's a diverse school" what does that even mean. The world is diverse. It's a given stop saying that. That it's even noted or said is the problem. We live in diversity every single minute of our lives. Stop removing my opinion. i had two generations there I have a right to voice our experience. Denial is not the avenue for success.

Posted September 16, 2009
I love the fact that my daughter is excited to go to school each day. That is a tribute to the teachers she is always talking about.

Posted October 09, 2007
I am a junior at ehhs and its been a good three years. It's been fun. The teachers there are great. The school may have bad name but it is a good school as long as you keep your studies up and participate in sports.

Posted April 20, 2006
East Hartford High School is definitely a great school and I'm proud to say that I have gone there. The teachers were wonderful, most find new ways to teach and interact with the kids. They also relate to the kids. Activities were definitely prevalent here. Everything from basketball, to band, to breakdance club. And it was one of the most diverse schools in the country when I went. If I still lived in East Hartford, I would definitely send my kids there.

East Hartford High School 3

Posted March 08, 2006
In my opinion, the teachers at EHHS are there to get students in and out as soon as possible, rather than send them off at their highest levels. East Hartford High School has a lot of activities and programs for students of every age, race, and gender, but that doesn't quite make up for everything else it's lacking. The envorinment is awful, with the exception of honors classes. I was a student who in my senior year, decided not to take AP classes, and I suffered a huge loss academically. The general classes are sheer MAYHEM. Very little gets done in the appointment time, and the teachers really seem to care less. I think East Hartford High School is a mediocre place to send your students, but it is the only place, aside from a magnet school to go that does not cost a large tuition.

East Hartford High School 2

Posted September 21, 2005
Yes, I agree that this school is diverse, which would be great if the teachers were able to get the kids to not swear at them and do thier work. I was put in the general program, and did not fit in. All the kids did was disrupt class and cheat off me. The teachers did nothing what so ever to make sure that quality of education I was recieving was at an acceptable level. Instead they just gave me A+ 's in all of my classes and let me suffer through the torment from the other children. The best things in that school were the after achool activities. Volleyball and orchestra saved me.

Posted September 14, 2004
'Don't judge a book by it's cover', this school may not appear to be the prime place to send you son or daughter, but the teachers here fantastic. I just graduated in 2004 and can imagine having gone somewhere else. The diversity makes this school and town special and fun. We have a good principle and assistant principles, but most of all we have a caring staff and safe school with award winning programs (the student assistance center). This school is the reason that I made it to college and turned my middle school C and D grades into A's and occasional B's to graduate 18th in a class of 420. There may be a lot of students here but there is always personal attention in each and every class. I give nothing but the highest reccomendation for this school. Outward appearence shows nothing of what this school holds behind it's doors.

Posted September 09, 2004
I am a present student at EHHS. I am a junior at the school. I think that the school is an overall good school. The staff members there are great. There are a lot of activities and extracurricular activities for students to be involved in and stay out of trouble. Our principal, Mr.Jordan, does a great job about keeping the school all together and running smoothly. Like any other high school, the school does have some small difficulties and issues. These are things that the principal cannot do by himself, I think that students as well as parents and other staff members should get involved in. The security system is awesome. EHHS is indeed a great school and I hope it stays the same way for many years to come!

869 Forbes St, East Hartford, CT  06118
Last modified East Hartford High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Hartford High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top