East Hartford, CT

East Hartford High School 1

Posted May 30, 2014
East Hartford High School is an abysmal failure. The 2012 CAPT scores for the 10th grade class revealed: 83% of the students failed to meet the reading standard; 31% below the state average. 84% of the students failed to meet the math standard; 33% below the state average. 83% of the students failed to meet the science standard; 30% below the state average. 67% of the students failed to meet the writing standard; 30% below the state average. I have read reports that the students are disruptive and curse the teachers. This is a failure of the administration (not the teachers) to promote a learning environment. Those students that are disruptive should be removed from the school and their parents should be required to pay for their education at some other learning institution or to home school their children. It is not fair to make the rest of the children suffer life long educational shortcomings due to some students disrupting the education process. Let those that are disruptive suffer the consequences of their actions and spare those that are there to learn and are well behaved.

East Hartford High School 4

Posted March 23, 2014
Pretty good school with a great teaching staff and a host of after-school activities.But many kids are bad mannered and have bad behavior.

East Hartford High School 1

Posted June 05, 2011
I really do not understand why people say "it's a diverse school" what does that even mean. The world is diverse. It's a given stop saying that. That it's even noted or said is the problem. We live in diversity every single minute of our lives. Stop removing my opinion. i had two generations there I have a right to voice our experience. Denial is not the avenue for success.

East Hartford High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
I love the fact that my daughter is excited to go to school each day. That is a tribute to the teachers she is always talking about.

East Hartford High School 3

Posted January 30, 2008

East Hartford High School 5

Posted November 27, 2007

East Hartford High School 0

Posted October 09, 2007
I am a junior at ehhs and its been a good three years. It's been fun. The teachers there are great. The school may have bad name but it is a good school as long as you keep your studies up and participate in sports.

East Hartford High School 4

Posted April 20, 2006
- a former student
East Hartford High School is definitely a great school and I'm proud to say that I have gone there. The teachers were wonderful, most find new ways to teach and interact with the kids. They also relate to the kids. Activities were definitely prevalent here. Everything from basketball, to band, to breakdance club. And it was one of the most diverse schools in the country when I went. If I still lived in East Hartford, I would definitely send my kids there.

East Hartford High School 3

Posted March 08, 2006
- a former student
In my opinion, the teachers at EHHS are there to get students in and out as soon as possible, rather than send them off at their highest levels. East Hartford High School has a lot of activities and programs for students of every age, race, and gender, but that doesn't quite make up for everything else it's lacking. The envorinment is awful, with the exception of honors classes. I was a student who in my senior year, decided not to take AP classes, and I suffered a huge loss academically. The general classes are sheer MAYHEM. Very little gets done in the appointment time, and the teachers really seem to care less. I think East Hartford High School is a mediocre place to send your students, but it is the only place, aside from a magnet school to go that does not cost a large tuition.

East Hartford High School 2

Posted October 20, 2005

East Hartford High School
869 Forbes St, East Hartford, CT  06118
Last modified East Hartford High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Hartford High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top