Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I never had a problem my daughter is in special Ed and has been doing great.There are great programs for her including Unifed Sports and Mrs.Sagnella is an awesome teacher.

This school provides great knowledge that my child needs she has been failing in math and she is now getting straight A's and has great friends. She tells me the teachers are very friendly with the students and they are easy to learn from. I defenetly recommend this school and I don't care what the rating says I know this school deserves the 5 stars!!

The school is an absolute circus. Some of the teachers are great but most of them are there simply because they need a job. It doesn't even seem like they like children. My child asked for help in the classroom but the teacher wouldn't help. He did notice that she was playing Candy Crush on her iPad. As dispicable as it sounds, if your child does not wear the "uniform," some of the teachers treat the kids differently. Any concerns a parent may have fall on deaf ears. Teachers blame administrators, administrators blame the Board of Ed. Good luck getting their attention. Their meetings include board members storming out and board members rolling their eyes. It's an absolute circus that I wouldn't even want to send my dog to!

I am selling my home and moving out of East Haven in search of a good school for my children. East Haven has innumerable issues and I do not recommend this town or this school. As in every community, there are good and bad in all, but the schools are terrible. Things are very political and discriminatory. Do not even consider East Haven if you are looking for a good school for your children.

My grandson attends J.M.Middle School in the 6th grade. He has leariing disabilities and was tested and granted a IEP. The administration is aware of this but evidently the teachers were not informed of this problem. They embarass him in front of the class and they do not take the extra time to help him with his assignments as required with IEP. The other kids harrass him, make fun of him and think it is quite funny when the teacher embarrasses him. They throw sand in him face when waiting for the school bus, they trip him in gym and one time he was pushed off the sidewalk into the road where the buses come. In my book this is called BULLYING from the kids and the teachers. I do not understand why this is allowed. My daughter has been in meetings at the middle school several times but nothing seems to be done about it. His therapist has also been to the school but again nothing is done about it. I would not reccomend this school to anyone who has a child going into the 6th grade. This is just not acceptable. Do we have to go down the legal road to get anything done for this boy??? If a teacher cannot handle her/his classroom why is he/she still teaching.

I just moved to east haven from clinton. First of all i just want to say that im disappointed by the of resources there are for my child. My son has a learning disablity which keeps him from processing info slower then other children. So he needs extra services to help him learn. When i was living in clinton the school had special ed classes that he attended for severale hours a day. He was doing great. So then i move to East haven and theres nothing. they have one special ed teacher and she doesn't have a class room. she just goes from room to room and my child may see one on one with her maybe 15 minutes. MY child requires special one on one time. also he has received a detention for not being able to complete his work. i don't have the money for a private school. so my son should be able to get an education from the town. thats why we pay taxes right. SO i am going to be taking this up with the board of ed. i hope they don't have the same disreguard that the east haven middle school has for education.

This school is very knowledgable within their cirriculums and guide the kids to and beyond there means giving them a chance to lvie out their dreams, hopes, and goals for the future, also getting them ready for high school.

Last modified Joseph Melillo Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.