Bad
Good

This school is not a gifted school any longer. Any children that originally followed the procedure of taking tests for two days and earning entrance into this school are being thrown to the wayside. The lottery was the worst thing that could have happened. There are children now that are not able to meet the academics and some have serious behavior problelms. Special help is given to these children and the children who earned their way are bored, not challenged and feel they are not getting the education that they were use to when they first got into the school. So much for all you losers who said that any child who got in was politically motivated. So sad that the kids that earned their way were badmouthed. I would not want my child in a school to struggle with the academics if they were not qualified. This school is like any other school, if not worst.

I also agree that this school has gone downhill. My oldest started when Mrs Butcher was principal and I have 2 children in the school, My oldest has graduated & my youngest has 1 year left. If 2nd child was not graduating next year I would have changed schools. This school is just a smaller version of the regular middle school. The current principal has changed the curriculum, the band & drama programs are a lesser version than before, and the spanish program has ended for the lower grades. There is no difference here than the regular middle school. It is only a matter of time before the tax payers push to close this school because it has no unique offerings anymore. I am glad my children are moving on. I was one of the biggest supporters of this school in the past. I will not support the continuing existence of this school any longer & will now be one of those who voice my opinion at board of Ed meetings & town budget meetings to close it. I cannot see any reason to keep spending money on a school that has changed to nothing more than a glorified middle school existing to enhance the self-opinions of those who work there.

The school has become a watered down version of its original intent. It's a shame. The music and drama which used to be a huge piece of the puzzle is in shambles. The school is too small to be all things to all children and the school will perform to lower standards as a result of recent changes. I'm glad my son experienced some of the good, but I watched first hand as things went downhill.

East Haven Academy has been the best choice for my son. He didn't test to get into this school yet continues to excel in his learning and his CMT scores. The staff at this school is amazing and I would highly recomend this school to children who need a different learning enviroment rather than traditional classroom learning. I am very proud and grateful to have another alternative for my child's best interests.

EHA is a terrific environment for students to learn in. There are so many hands activities that engage the children in learning. I know my daughter will come away with a much better understanding of what she has learned and will actually remember things that I have long since forgotten. EHA is a Blue Ribbon school and everyone should be proud to have it in East Haven.

East Haven Academy offers our community something no other communities around us do. I am grateful to the town of East Haven for enabling our children to have this opportunity to attend this school. Thank you!

Awesome faculty & principal-community orientated-lots of fun projects and activities-great friends w/ great families

East Haven Academy offers your child the ability to grow as an independent young adult, gives them self accomplishments while establishing a sense of community. I considered my children to be very lucky to have the opportunity to be apart of a school the shows them how much they care for their love of learning. I ditto on the back on Melanie Higgins and John Gildersleeve for they took the words right out of my mouth.

As a grandmother, I'm so pleased with all the reports from my granddaughter and from my daughter about the wonderful educational experiences at East Haven Academy. The sense of cooperation and accomplishment that works there is excellent!

The students do so well to manage their own task as early as 3rd grade. Being responsible and self sufficient individuals are highly stressed at our East Haven Academy. I am very proud of my children how much they care about staying on task and caring about how well they do.

Last modified Carbone School/East Haven Academy is a Public school that serves grades 3-8