Posted September 30, 2014
My son goes to BBS and I don't like it. Not because he goes there but because of how the principals, teachers, and other school staff treat students. I see they're very unjust and like to make up vicious lies about people which is very wrong! They think they're supremacist and they're not! Its sad teachers and principals would go so low to put people down, judge them, and be hypocritical towards others! They choose to put certain people in classes that they don't belong in without the parents consent! That's illegal and someone needs to take action on it!

Posted April 02, 2014
My son has been going to BBS for the past yearsand has been nothing short of wonderful. The challenging coursework, caring teachers, and high expectations for learning have all helped to lead him to become a confident, inquisitive student. I could not be more pleased with my son's progress. The community's lack of value in education is evident in the yearly failure to approve the budget; this poor choice is not the fault of those who work in the system. Never is it used as an excuse by the faculty/staff; they simply gather their resources and attempt to overcome their budgetary limitations. Parental involvement is excellent; teachers partner with parents with nothing but the kids' best interests in mind. This is a great school with a great future! Keep up the good work.

Broad Brook Elementary School 4

Posted March 21, 2014
Most of the teachers are very good, the Principal is very active and great with the kids. We have been happy with the school overall. The town needs to invest more into the schools, computer class was eliminated in 2013 due to budget cuts.

Posted November 15, 2013
The child I have guardianship over attends this school. I wasn't at all impressed with his initial transition. He was placed in an English as a second language class, I was furious. My child only speaks English and so do I. He was place there simply because he is of Hispanic origin, I demanded to know why he was placed and I was asked if I spoke Spanish to him at home. I asked them if they had read his previous IEP which mentioned his early age hearing loss and surgery, which delayed his speech. Its ashamed that people are still racially motivated when making assumptions of a persons house hold. I am American, born and raised. When I asked weather I appeared to have difficulties articulating in English, the staff seamed embarrassed and apologized. My child was pulled from the ESL, or English as a Second Language, class that day.

Posted October 24, 2013
My son is going to BBS from past 1yr and we pretty much like it . We were initially worried about the ratings but we are happy now .The teachers are quiet cooperative and responds promptly to any issues. The teachers encouragement to the kids is very nice . The teachers make sure the kids do their best in each and every aspect . Overall its a nice school without any issues. Not just my kids all my friends kids are also going to this school since their Pre -K and everyone like it a lot .

Broad Brook Elementary School 4

Posted September 02, 2013
My son started going to this school since last year and we like the staff and the way of treating the children is too good. The bus driver cares all the children in both picking and dropping them in the apartment complex. All our neighbors children are used to go to this school and all of them are felt happy.

Posted June 20, 2012
My daughter's experience at BBS for the past three years has been nothing short of wonderful. The challenging coursework, caring teachers, supportive administration, and high expectations for learning have all helped to lead her to become a confident, learned, inquisitive student. As an educator myself, I could not be more pleased with my daughter's progress. The community's lack of value in education is evident in the yearly failure to approve the budget; this poor choice is not the fault of those who work in the system. Never is it used as an excuse by the faculty/staff; they simply gather their resources and attempt to overcome their budgetary limitations. Parental involvement is excellent; teachers partner with parents with nothing but the kids' best interests in mind. This is a great school with a great future!

Posted May 01, 2012
A school that has chronic bad test scores, a school that doesn't make adequately yearly progress, and now a school that has two ongoing investigations by DCF. Some major changes need to be made.

Posted March 08, 2010

Posted February 23, 2010

Broad Brook Elementary School
14 Rye St, East Windsor, CT  06016
Last modified Broad Brook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4, 6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Broad Brook Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top